Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Turkey Guns

Started by davisd9, December 10, 2012, 02:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Anyone getting or has gotten a new gun for next season?  Have you made any changes on your current setup? 

Other than replacing the safety on my 835 so that it would be easier to maneuver with the scope I have not made any changes as of yet.  Dirt Road Ninja let me borrow his IC to try with Hevi 6s but have yet to do it.  Cannot wait to see the results, but it would have to really out do my Star Dot for me to make the switch.  The Star Dot has been very good to me.

I purchased a Remington 11-87 20 gauge with a 26" barrel this summer that I am setting up to hunt with and for my nephew and little cousin to use.  Going to try a TruGlo SSX and some Hevi-13 3" 1.25 oz 7s in it.  Going to stick with the shell and change chokes if it does not pattern how I want.  Putting a TruGlo Red Dot on the top that I am getting from a buddy.  Cannot wait to start patterning her.  Need something to do to pass the next 3 months and 21 days. 

Will add pictures when I finish her up.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

trkehunr93

Played around with my Mossberg 500 before last spring season with a Kicks GT and some Win XX 5's.  Carried it with on one hunt last year bu never fired it, plan on carrying it some this spring.  Good killable pattern at 40, just need to get some camo tape for it.

dirt road ninja

Pretty much the same as last year. Might kill one with the ten gauge this year.

JVA54

I will be using my super mag with new red dot sight.   :funnyturkey:

davisd9

Quote from: JVA54 on December 10, 2012, 08:52:53 PM

Which one did you decide on or are you still deciding?
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

JVA54

Quote from: davisd9 on December 10, 2012, 10:19:27 PM
Quote from: JVA54 on December 10, 2012, 08:52:53 PM

Which one did you decide on or are you still deciding?
i guess my last post got lost when the server went down so here it is again

still deciding   :-\