OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mississippi easterns?

Started by buckshot, March 03, 2011, 09:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebby

Good luck you will earn your bird for sure. I'm in the NE part of the state now but have family in Natchez and have hunted there a lot. Hilly terrain with some deep draws. Tough, tight lipped birds usually. The birds down there are native and have not been transplanted or expanded into the area, they were always there. Makes for a tough hunt. Good luck you will have a blast.
Lee

TANK

Quote from: Gobblerdn1 on March 03, 2011, 08:12:04 PM
Quote from: buckshot on March 03, 2011, 10:41:59 AM
We'll be hunting with a federal judge on his property as well as some other land he has access too.

Go to the Homochitto if you want to hunt a tough turkey! If you can kill one there you can kill one about anywhere you want to go.

Good luck to ya!
:agreed: If you can kill one there you can call one out of the cooler at Wal-Mart, Make him Strut, and Gobble and kill em..........its about as easy as the Homochitto..........

gordongekko

I'm 99% sure I know where you're going and you'll have a good trip, good land, good location and good folks.  Although I've never hunted the property I have a few friends who have.  You should definitely be able to come home with a typical looking eastern.
In God we trust; all others pay cash.

buckshot

Thanks guys. I'll let you know how it comes out.

jv

Good luck while your up here in Mississippi......watch for those snakes.
Respect the land as well as the game you hunt.

snuff can

if you kill one down there it will have the wing bars you are looking for... good luck