turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

KICKS GT 660 TUBE CHOKE OR INDIAN CREEK TUBE CHOKE

Started by GOBBLER CRAZY, December 05, 2012, 02:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOBBLER CRAZY

:help: OK I HAVE A OLD SCHOOL 500 A MOSSBERG SHOTGUN WITH A KICKS GT 660 CHOKE I HAVE BEEN TOLD TO GET A INDIAN CREEK CHOKE MY KICKS ONLY SHOOTS ABOUT 30 YARDS AND TRYED ALL DIFFERENT SHELLS ?? :bike2:

chatterbox

I have another idea. I had a Mossberg 535, and I used a Jelly head .660 choke in mine with hevi-13 3-2-6 shells, avg. right around 160 pellets in a 10" circle at 40 yards. More than good enough to kill a turkey!
Jellyheads are pretty reasonable, so it can be a cheaper alternative to higher priced chokes.

davisd9

Quote from: GOBBLER CRAZY on December 05, 2012, 02:18:31 PM
:help: OK I HAVE A OLD SCHOOL 500 A MOSSBERG SHOTGUN WITH A KICKS GT 660 CHOKE I HAVE BEEN TOLD TO GET A INDIAN CREEK CHOKE MY KICKS ONLY SHOOTS ABOUT 30 YARDS AND TRYED ALL DIFFERENT SHELLS ?? :bike2:

Why are you yelling?
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

allaboutshooting

Quote from: GOBBLER CRAZY on December 05, 2012, 02:18:31 PM

You've tried that Kick's choke with 3" Hevi-13 shells with 2 oz. of #6 or #7 shot? Does your gun have a 26" or longer barrel? Have you "deep cleaned" it and the choke?

That Kick's choke is a good product and with a good clean bore and H-13 shells, it should easily be a 40 yard gun.

Maybe I'm missing something however. What kind of pattern, count/density in a 10" circle is your current set-up throwing at 30 yards and at 40 yards with #6 shot (of any brand) but especially with H-13 shells?

That may give us a basis to start and make a better recommendation to you.

Thanks,
Clark

P.S. There's nothing wrong with buying a new choke of course but they are expensive and it would be good to know what your results are now first.
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

GOBBLER CRAZY

HEY THANKS AND YES I HAVE SHOT 3" He-vi-13 shells with 2 oz. of #6 or #7 shot DID NOT EVEN THROW FEW SHOTS ON PAPPER AND I CLEAN MY GUN WITH A SNAKE SHOTGUN  BORE CLEANER I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO KILL MY BIRDS WITH MY GUN IN 20 YARDS BUT THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT BEING ABLE KILL A BIRD IF YOU HAVE TO AT 40 YARDS WIN THEY HANG UP THEY SHELL THAT WORKS IS NITTO THANK HOW YOU SPELL THEM AND MAXED OUT AT 30 YARDS WITH ONLY 27 SHOTS IN CIRCLE  ???

SumToy

Sounds like you have other problems.  Get all the oil and other junk out the barrel then check the POA/POI.   You should be around 190 to 200 in a 10 inches at 40 with the 3-2-6 HV13.  With some of the shells they run lower numbers but not much.   
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

allaboutshooting

Quote from: GOBBLER CRAZY on December 05, 2012, 10:25:16 PM
HEY THANKS AND YES I HAVE SHOT 3" He-vi-13 shells with 2 oz. of #6 or #7 shot DID NOT EVEN THROW FEW SHOTS ON PAPPER AND I CLEAN MY GUN WITH A SNAKE SHOTGUN  BORE CLEANER I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO KILL MY BIRDS WITH MY GUN IN 20 YARDS BUT THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT BEING ABLE KILL A BIRD IF YOU HAVE TO AT 40 YARDS WIN THEY HANG UP THEY SHELL THAT WORKS IS NITTO THANK HOW YOU SPELL THEM AND MAXED OUT AT 30 YARDS WITH ONLY 27 SHOTS IN CIRCLE  ???

Just to make sure, you are shooting at "big paper" at least 3 feet by 3 feet with a dot in the center of it and then circling the best pattern (no matter where it is) on that big piece of paper, correct? A big piece of cardboard, box, etc. works well for this too.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I believe the OP has POA / POI issues.  His numbers aren't just low, they are off the charts.  He shouldn't give up.  There is much to be gained here.

SumToy....
QuoteYou should be around 190 to 200 in a 10 inches at 40 with the 3-2-6 HV13

I have never seen a picture of a pattern that strong, with that shell.  Please, post some pics!!!

I think about 180 is the very best I've ever seen or even read about with 3" #6 H13.  More often than not, I've shot high 140s to high 150s with that shell.  I've done better, but not often.

SumToy

Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on January 05, 2013, 12:50:20 AM
I believe the OP has POA / POI issues.  His numbers aren't just low, they are off the charts.  He shouldn't give up.  There is much to be gained here.

SumToy....
QuoteYou should be around 190 to 200 in a 10 inches at 40 with the 3-2-6 HV13

I have never seen a picture of a pattern that strong, with that shell.  Please, post some pics!!!

I think about 180 is the very best I've ever seen or even read about with 3" #6 H13.  More often than not, I've shot high 140s to high 150s with that shell.  I've done better, but not often.

I will dig up some.  I have had guys call with that alot.  I was thinking you had a post with them numbers.   Now I did she the numbers fall off with the new shells. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA