OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

DO I NEED TO BUY A BETTER TURKEY GUN ?????

Started by GOBBLER CRAZY, December 03, 2012, 09:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

Quote from: GOBBLER CRAZY on December 04, 2012, 02:07:19 PM
thanks so much everybody but i have a ? on deep cleaning the gun what do i need to do to do the deep cleaning i just put the rod and spary on wipes in gun  :wave:

You can click on the banner beneath this post or you can go directly to the article using this link http://allaboutshooting.com/article_info.php?articles_id=282

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

SumToy

ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS get some Winchester Ex-Rang or Hv13.  If not happy with the choke then step up to one of the two chokes in other post.  You can go to doing other things and may need to buy new gun after that.   :TrainWreck1:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

surehuntsalot

there is nothing wrong with a Mossberg 500,as the others  have said,fine the right shell and choke
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

chrmayo

My dad has an old school 500. It has an older tru glo choke and shoots hevi 6s and nitros. He has killed many birds at 50 and beyond. He is more confident with it than his new 835. You have a good gun just spend a little time getting the barrel right and seeing what it likes.
-MAYO-

paladin

No! he killed all those turkeys at exactly 40 yards! Those are the rules here.
"have gun-will travel"

chrmayo

Yes I forgot he killed them all at a TAPED 40 yards
-MAYO-