Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 11/23/2012 "Death Is Certain, Life Is Not."

Started by BOFF, November 22, 2012, 10:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Well, I had a call the other day from a close friend's wife. She was crying, and I immediately knew something was wrong.  Through the phone conversation, I learned their 2 year old Alaskan Spitz had just been run over by one of their friends, who was driving down to the shop, behind their house. Evidently the dog ran under the wheel of the truck. This dog, was like their child, as the couple is older, in their mid 70s. The dog appropriately named Rascal, had the couple trained to a "T". I don't believe the dog ever ate, unless the food was given to him by their hands. He was always sitting in my friends lap, when my friend was sitting down.

I was pretty upset, as I helped them find this dog in 2010, and just recently, got my daughter and family, our first pet a month ago, an Alaskan Spitz, which is a half brother of their dog. In going right away to my friends house, I found them already building a coffin for Rascal, with tears and sadness.

In going to get the backhoe, to help with the grave and burial, and driving the backhoe back to his place, I had several miles to think about things. In my prayers for them, I was reminded of  Ecclesiastes 7:2b : "for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart."

I was also wondering how my friend and his wife would be in regards to their friend who ran over their dog, and prayed for their hearts to be guarded by God in this situation, and His peace to be upon them. One thought after another, and how our hearts need to be guarded at times, and often not, our hearts need to be changed, due to us acting out on our own thoughts, rather than following Jesus' examples. To make a long day and mixed thoughts short, for this devotional, ask yourself these questions:

Is your heart right before God? Are you ready if death comes upon you?

Heavenly Father,

We thank You for the eternal life we have through Your son Jesus. Thank you for our families, friends, and the many blessings of health, wealth, and spiritual gifts You have given each one of us. We pray for those who have recently lost family members, pets included, during the last years, particularly during these holiday seasons, as they are without their loved ones. May your peace which transcends all understanding, guard their hearts and minds. Keep us safe through these and upcoming holidays from things seen and those unseen which may harm us and our families.

For it is in Jesus name we ask and claim these things, Amen.

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

I hate to hear the news about the Pup, they can sure get close to our hearts.

Good message, thanks David!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net