turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

For all you in South Alabama

Started by ericjames, March 02, 2011, 10:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericjames

I was wondering if any of yall had went out to listen yet and if the birds were starting to  :gobble: in your area .I am in millry and I went this morning and heard one,he gobbled a little

TANK

Heard one in Louisiana this morning...............

Gobbling Buck

I heard one gobble this morning about 10:00, sounded like a jake to me.....but I'm a little over half deaf. :'(  I did find a couple promising strut zones....that's a good indicator.

n2deer

Friend of mine heard several Sunday morning this would be a little south of Birmingham AL.

ericjames

That's good to hear it won't be long now ,the one I heard didn't gobble till 7:30 .there is some older birds where I am at this year,during deer season I saw some good ones.I am the only one who hunts birds on this land witch is around 1500 acres all to myself. last year was my first year to hunt it and in 4 years there has only been 7 taken off it.I got my 5 and  called 2 for a buddy of mine 

n2deer

Sounds like a good situation, good luck and dont mess em up till they are flopping. :fud:

J Hook Max

Down here just north of Monroeville,I have been out a few mornings.They are not gobbling as well as I would have expected.Still,I am finding plenty of sign such as gobbler tracks. droppings and strut marks.Also, I have seen several gobblers with hens already.If you want to see some good pics from Tennessee, google up J Hook Guide Service and check out the toms strutting with hens in the snow.

ericjames

Yall have taken some good toms J Hooks by the looks of some of the pics , good luck this year

Archaic

I got out Friday morning to scout for the youth season in Ozark and got one to gobble to an Owl hoot on the roost. Ten minutes later found two more Gobblers in a green field that were silent... Greenfields were covered in popcorn, everything looks good, just they are not quite as vocal on the ground yet as I like em to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ericjames

I guess its good that they have been so silent,that way they haven't gobbled out by the time season comes in. But they need to start pretty fast now at least within the next 10 days

dawgfrombama

I live in millry also so thats good to hear.  I'm going to listen in the morning hopefully I can hear something.

dawgfrombama

I hope they get started quick because I'm taking vacation  the 1st wk of season.

ericjames

So it is a small world after all, I probably know ya

J Hook Max

One of my hunting buddies lives in Hobson.

ericjames

who is that J Hook if ya dont mind me asking