OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tagged out in NH! (Pics included)

Started by chatterbox, November 08, 2012, 05:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

Hey guys!

Well, I'm pleased to tell you all my NH deer season is over! I shot a buck with a spike on one side, and a fork on the other. He may not be the biggest, but to a guy who has never harvested a deer, it was the most thrilling hunt of my life! My buddy Wes and his friend Robert pushed him right up behind me. I turned, and he was right behind me! He fed, and walked around, and walked back to my left, where he presented me with a quartering away shot. I let the little T/C Scout eat, and the sabot found it's mark. The deer only went 60 yards or so before expiring on a logging road.
Once I figure how to get the pictures off my email, I will post them up.
BTW, his backstraps were great!

That's me on the right, and my good hunting buddy Wes on the left.

guesswho

Cool!  Congrats on the deer.  Did you aim low?
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

chatterbox

Quote from: guesswho on November 08, 2012, 05:52:58 PM
Cool!  Congrats on the deer.  Did you aim low?
No, but it ended up that way ;D. Blew the poor buggers liver apart! Those sabots are nasty!

Hognutz

Congrats on the deer. Your first will always be remembered.. Right down to the last detail..Nicely done, Mike..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

tomstopper

Congrats. Hope you get many more in the future.

njdevilsb

That's great.  Congrats to you.

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

chatterbox

Thanks for all the positive comments guys!
I have to admit I went back to the spot where I killed him today, and just had a brief moment of reflection and thanks. It was beautiful in the woods, and I just sat down and enjoyed replaying the moment in my mind, giving thanks to my Lord for the harvest of such a fine animal.

Tail Feathers

Congratulations on you first. :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

BowBendr

Quote from: chatterbox on November 09, 2012, 02:42:05 PMI have to admit I went back to the spot where I killed him today, and just had a brief moment of reflection and thanks. It was beautiful in the woods, and I just sat down and enjoyed replaying the moment in my mind, giving thanks to my Lord for the harvest of such a fine animal.

I do this a lot. It's good for the soul.
Congrats on your 1st !   :icon_thumright:

flintlock

If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

chatterbox

Thanks guys! We got about 50 lbs of meet out of him, which will go a long way to helping with the meat bill this winter!
It's funny how the deer gods smile on individuals. My buddy Wes who I am sure pushed this buck to me was rewarded on the opener of rifle season with a 183 lb wide racked 8 pointer! I'll have to get over to his house and get the pics put on here! I was so happy for him. He's a good friend, and he hunts very hard.
We have had the most successful deer season in recent history in NH. Very good for the hunters up here. Another friend of mine shot a wide racked 8 point as well, figuring he was about 200 lbs or so. 

chatterbox

captin_hook

Flydown

Congratulations Mike! That is awesome.