turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Drill Press Setup? (box call making)

Started by limhnger, October 28, 2012, 10:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

limhnger

How's yalls setup...vise, table top? Pics?

WillowRidgeCalls

I've got two old 3/4hp Cummings presses. One is set up for pot calls, the other for box calls. I use a 5" cross slide vise on them that is mounted to an oak board that I can switch between presses. Every thing is marked so it is true and straight to the bit, when I bolt it to the press table. I made a set of jigs for the boxes I cut, so the angle is correct when I drill them out. All I do is set it up, set the depth you want, put the blank in and drill. With a 5" cross slide you get a 7-1/2" run, so you never have to touch the call blank until your done with that side your drilling out, if you need to make it longer, just loosen the vise, slide the blank up and finish drilling. Once you have your blank marked as to where you want to drill, crank your vise to one end and drill, then keep drilling as you crank your blank through to the other end of your drilling's.
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

limhnger

misfire

I have a Ridgid 14" drillpress. I mounted a sliding vise and made a jig to hold the call at 5 degree angles while I drill out waste
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net