North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 10/26/2012 "The Good Wife"

Started by BOFF, October 26, 2012, 08:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Ephesians 5:25-33(NIV)

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. 31 "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh." 32 This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

Well I'm not writing about the television show. I'm writing to those fellows who have been blessed to be married through the Lord. As a husband, we have been commanded to do things in our marriage and for our wives. It doesn't read if our wives do first, or if our wives cook our favorite meals. It reads  "As Christ does the church"

Christ loved us first. We did nothing to deserve, earn, or expect Christ's love, and salvation. Our wives need to do nothing, to expect the same from us. I know it is quite difficult at times, but I know in humbly, and honestly doing so,.... In actually falling in love, and loving our wives for who they are, rather than pointing out who they are not,.....they will develop into who God intended them to be, not only for themselves, but for us as well, the husbands.

Have you honestly loved your wife for who she is? Have you nurtured and watered her tender pedals to where she may blossom into the beautiful flower God has planned? We as the husbands have the choice of being the fertilizers. We may choose to be the ones which burn our wives to the ground, because we are too much, or we may choose to be the ones which are properly suited for the flowers and blooms to come.

Heavenly Father,

Thank you for the salvation I have in You, and for the many gifts You have given me. Thank You for Blessing me with a beautiful wife of 16 years today. Forgive me of the many times my role as a husband has been self centered and self serving. Help us as men of your following, to be examples, as Christ is to the church. Lead, guide, and direct us through the Holy Spirit, to do Your will, and to be open to it. Bless our marriages, our spouses, and our families. Protect us with Your hedge of protection and angels, and may those marriages which are in trouble now, be filled with Your love, understanding, and forgiveness, to where each may blossom into fruits of glory for You.

For it is in Jesus name I ask and pray these things, Amen!!!   

God Bless,
David B.

snoodlum

To the teaching and the prayer , Amen and Amen  :cross2:

Duke0002

A super devotion, David.  Hope everyone takes it to heart.  We had our 35th this year.  I've failed so often, but God is good!

Roostem33

I wished that I could say I've done everything right, but I'm afraid that I have fell short on more than one occasion. Thanks David for the great reminder!!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

turkey slayer