OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NICE MESS OF NATIVE BROOK TROUT

Started by vaturkey, March 02, 2011, 08:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaturkey

HERES THE REST OF THE NATIVE TROUT I CAUGHT TODAY  !! GOD IS GOOD !!

:newmascot:
Vaturkey

shootumindaface

I live on a blue Ribbon brookie stream.. I eat one meal a year and release the rest.. That last ones a stud..

tjh24

Those are some gorgeous trout! way to go, by the way, I love the wicker creel

vaturkey

Quote from: tjh24 on March 02, 2011, 08:53:43 PM
Those are some gorgeous trout! way to go, by the way, I love the wicker creel

Thanks tjh24

That creel is over 20 yrs old   !! I've got wire ties holding it together  !! :newmascot: 
Vaturkey

Basser69

TANK

I'm gona ask yall a dumb question .......What does a trout taste like ? Catfish ? Bass? I live in South Louisiana and the only trout we have here are Specks & White trout in the salt water. They taste like a Sacalait or prolly what yall call a crappie.  I have been to Tennessee, South Carolina,  & Misouri and seen them in the the streams. My wife and I almost hired a guide on our Honey Moon, in Gatlinburg for a trip. I went to the hatchery at Table Rock Lake in September and spenk a few hours watching the guys fly fishing in the stream. Pretty cool looking sport!

shootumindaface

Quote from: TANK on March 02, 2011, 09:21:08 PM
I'm gona ask yall a dumb question .......What does a trout taste like ? Catfish ? Bass? I live in South Louisiana and the only trout we have here are Specks & White trout in the salt water. They taste like a Sacalait or prolly what yall call a crappie.  I have been to Tennessee, South Carolina,  & Misouri and seen them in the the streams. My wife and I almost hired a guide on our Honey Moon, in Gatlinburg for a trip. I went to the hatchery at Table Rock Lake in September and spenk a few hours watching the guys fly fishing in the stream. Pretty cool looking sport!
Its hard to categorize trout as a whole.. Compared to whiter meated fish, they are stronger fish taste, which I like.. Think Salmon

fallsflight

Very nice!  Brookies are my favorite trout to fish for.  They are such beautiful fish for sure.

letinmfly

Awesome!!  I can't wait for trout season to open!!  :you_rock:
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

hookedspur

nice job and yes HE IS GREAT !!!:agreed:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Hognutz

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 02, 2011, 09:23:12 PM
Its hard to categorize trout as a whole.. Compared to whiter meated fish, they are stronger fish taste, which I like.. Think Salmon
The meat on a native brookie is pinkish orange. I believe that they are actually in the char family. Not positive on that, but I think so..They taste great, rolled in seasoned flour and pan fried in butter. It don't get much better than that..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

turkey slayer

I have caught and eaten some trout and just trust me tank you would be very dissapointed they are nowhere near as good as  a bass, bream, cat, white perch, or specks. I wont waste my time cleaning any again!

TANK

I have seen them cook them on TV and it looked totally different than anything I've seen down here.............I still would like to try it, just to say I did. A buddy of mine boiled some Lobster like we boiled Crawfish a couple of years ago..............WASN'T IMPRESSED AT ALL !

shootumindaface

Quote from: TANK on March 02, 2011, 10:04:56 PM
I have seen them cook them on TV and it looked totally different than anything I've seen down here.............I still would like to try it, just to say I did. A buddy of mine boiled some Lobster like we boiled Crawfish a couple of years ago..............WASN'T IMPRESSED AT ALL !
I pan fry as mentioned or grill.. Too me they are as fine a eatin fish as anything, the flavor comes from the fish and not what they are rolled in.. Pair these with some fresh morels and asparagus and you have a awesome meal..