turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Turkey Gun

Started by davisd9, October 22, 2012, 01:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Had a few firearms stolen from my dad and mom's house.  It really sucked because a lot of them were from my family and basically not replaceable.  Anyway I got a little replacement money from insurance.  I have been researching and thinking of buying a semi-auto 20 ga so that my nephew and little cousin could hunt with it.  I also am hunting the SC mountains this spring and some other tough terrain so I decided the carrying a 20 in those situations would be a benefit.  I wanted to stay under $500.  Was seriously considering a Mossberg SA-20 and the Weatherby SA-20. 

Went to Academy sports to see what they had but all they had was a Tristar that I was interested in other than it was a youth model, too short for me.  Decided to go to Dick's Sporting Goods to see what they could order.  Well they had a Remington 11-87 20 gauge on the shelf for $574.99, but it came with a $75 rebate from Remington and a $50 Gift Card Rebate to Dick's so basically the gun would be $450 plus tax.  Could not walk away from her and scooped her up. 

26" barrel.  Going to shoot Hevi-Shot 3" 7s in her.  Think the first choke I am going to try is the Tru Glo SSX.  Cannot wait to get to shooting her!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Eric Gregg

A lot of good guns out there and hard choices to make.
You got a good one there that you will not be disappointed with :you_rock:

surehuntsalot

I think you will be very happy with your choice
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

TrackeySauresRex

Nice, congrats on your new turkey slayer  :anim_25:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

SumToy

Congrads on new gun.  Load up some fed HW and look out 3 toes.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

davisd9

Picked these up yesterday to pattern with the gun. Going to try them with the SSX first.  Will post patterns when I get the chance to shoot.  Thanks!