OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Do You Ever?

Started by guesswho, March 02, 2011, 06:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njdevilsb

I can't see myself ever wanting to quit.  Don't get me wrong, I love deer hunting too, but there is just something so special to me about spring turkey season.  I think about it from the day our season goes out until the day it starts the next year.  As soon as I tag out, or even while I still have tags, I'm looking for people that want/need help calling birds in.  I can't get enough, and I hope that feeling never goes away. 

mossy835

I have hunted and killed deer, bear, elk, quail, doves and coyotes during my life time. I rode my horse from Palm Springs for 6 hours on a old mining trail to catch trout with my dad. I hunted in Calif. and Utah for many years. About twenty years ago I lost interest and quit, and my hunting partner died early. I also realized I could not carry the big game out on my back anymore (old injuries from working show horses). We din not have any turkeys or pheasants then to hunt. A friend now retired from the state and from Kentucky got me interested in turkey hunting, and I like it and being able to carry in what I shoot. That said I also hunt with a camera so the kill is secondary. I will keep hunting as long as my health permits. Great topic by the way.
:fud: :gobble: :newmascot: :fire: = good meals!!

n2deer

I dont see that happening, I could in the deer hunting but not turkeys. Its just different.

I dont know how to explain it but I think you understand.

Muskie03

Never, never, never, never, never, never.
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

wareagle99

Tail Feathers

I'll go as long as I'm able.  Thankfully, if you can walk a bit, you can turkey hunt.  This truly is a sport you can carry into your twilight years and enjoy if you have a little bit of health and mobility left in you.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

pullit

don't see ot happening

guesswho

I agree with everyone.  There's just a different feeling I get when hunting turkeys vs. other critters.  I'm not sure what causes it and don't really want to know.  I'm just glad its there!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

kevsterjr88

as long as i have ammo and a gun ill still be in the woods when ever i can chasing the trophy freezing my butt off walking miles a day threw snow rain and sleet ill still be kickin  :you_rock:
Outdoors and Jesus

woodchip

whitelightning

Lets see, my dad called up a gobbler when I was less then a year old.  I still remember that bird.  As a result I'd do anything to chase a turkey.  I told my boss "I'm taking 2 weeks off to turkey hunt, and don't expect me to be around much through the spring.  If you don't like that I'll see myself out."  Every night for the past month I've had at least one dream about turkeys.  As the Mossy Oak saying goes, "It's not a passion, its an OBSESSION."

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

snuff can

i don't turkey because i want to... i turkey hunt because have to !

surehuntsalot

don't care that much for deer hunting anymore,mostly duck hunt in the winter,but turkey hunting is by far the only hunting there is
I still get just as excited when that gobbler comes in as the very first one did years ago
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

dawgfrombama

not as long as I can walk.  Don't care much for deer hunting.  I would rather kill a turkey with an 8 inch beard that a 10pt.  Thats just me though.