turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Do You Ever?

Started by guesswho, March 02, 2011, 06:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shootumindaface

Even after 17 years and the birds I have been fortunate to kill and the countless others I have called up for others, I still am in that stage where I want to see the rivers run red with turkey blood in the spring.. I guess I am not advancing through the stages of turkey hunting very fast, so the answer is NO..

Skeeterbait

When I get so old and feeble that I can no longer drive myself to the woods or walk away from the truck, I hope I will have someone who will drop me off and let me sit under an old oak with my shotgun and a call.  If I pass away sitting under that tree, well I can't think of a better way to leave this world.  I hope the last sound I hear is a turkey gobbling on the way in.

Flydown

I will continue to take my kids Deer hunting until they don't wont to go anymore. As far as turkey hunting goes, There is nothing better then standing next to my brother and watching the woods come alive every Spring morning. I guess if the hair ever stops standing up on the back of my neck when that ole gobbler wakes up and lets me know its time to play the game again, then I guess I will hangum up,but I don't ever see that happening. Its not just hunting,Its a way of life for me.

unclerick

Sometimes I think about it but it doesn't last long, I know there will be a time when I can no longer go and chase them woods ghosts, so untill that day I hope I can go out every spring and chase them, and when the time comes I hope I got some whoppers to tell the youngins starting out and they keep comeing to me for advice and shareing their tells with me.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

chatterbox

No. It is as important to my life as breathing.

Shotgun

Spurs

I don't kill enough to get tired of them.  Even if I got as many as some people on here, I still don't think that would be enough.  There is just something about hearing one sound off.
This year is going to suck!!!

paintbrush

As long as my 2 legs will get me out into the great outdoors, I'll be a TURKEY HUNTER!

PANYHunter

Quote from: Skeeterbait on March 02, 2011, 08:46:17 PM
When I get so old and feeble that I can no longer drive myself to the woods or walk away from the truck, I hope I will have someone who will drop me off and let me sit under an old oak with my shotgun and a call.  If I pass away sitting under that tree, well I can't think of a better way to leave this world.  I hope the last sound I hear is a turkey gobbling on the way in.

I couldn't have said it better myself Skeeter. 

savduck

Georgia Boy

lmbhngr

Turkeys are the only thing I take off work to hunt.

Rio Fan

I'll turkey hunt until my body doesn't allow me to hunt anymore.

TRKYHTR

About 10 years ago I went thru a time when I had killed alot of turkeys. Killed a Grand Slam and done almost everything you could do with turkey hunting. The urge to have to kill a turkey went away. I knew I would never stop turkey hunting but I don't have to kill a turkey anymore to have fun. Now I can enjoy the outdoors, take some other people, call turkeys for some first time turkey hunters. I still like to kill turkeys and will still pull the trigger every spring. So I would say no I am not going to quit turkey hunting.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

RutnNStrutn

NEVER!!!!!! I absolutely love turkey hunting!!! :love5: I like deer, duck, squirrel, etc. hunting, but turkey hunting really gets me going. I'll do it 'til the day I die.

:newmascot: :emoticon-cartoon-012:

Gobbling Buck

This will be my 11th year turkey hunting.  This past deer season was my 33rd season I think.  I don't think I'll ever hang up hunting either one, as long as the health allows me......that being said, I will on occasion sleep in during deer season. ;)