OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Do You Ever?

Started by guesswho, March 02, 2011, 06:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

Do you ever see yourself hanging up the turkey hunting boots?   After about forty years of deer hunting I pretty much lost interest, at least as far as me being the shooter.  I still enjoy taking first timers and kids. 

I've turkey hunted for forty five years now and still have the same fire and enthusiasm as I did as a kid.  Both my Mom and Dad still enjoy it as much as they ever did.  I often wonder if I'll ever lose that feeling.   I don't think I will and I certainly hope not.  Do you ever find yourself thinking about hanging it up and doing something else with your time?  Or do you think it is just a part of who you are?
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

hookedspur

No not as long as I'm healthy
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

dfosh

I dint start until last year when i was 64 so i guess i can hunt until i get old. I got two birds and one was a real nice one cant wait until April .

TANK

Not until they throw dirt in my face.............

bird

With deer hunting I gave up bow hunting, muzzle loader and shotgun hunting years ago as I lost interest in them because of my stronger desire and interest with upland and waterfowl hunting.  I just didn't have time to do all of it at the same time so deer hunting was tossed out the window.  Now turkeys is a whole different story brother.  No way, no how.  The Turkey Gods speak too loudly for me to ever lose interest in them..... EVER!

(Did I explain myself clear enough or do I need to go into more detail?)
  :TooFunny:

earlybird

I feel the same way,if they closed deer season here it would'nt bother me.Then i could concentrate more on fall turkeys and trapping.

Jay

It's the only Hunting I do anymore since the Shorthair retired. I'll never give it up as long as I can still get out there. It's a passion.

VA_Birdhunter

Before I got married I done it all deer hunting, turkey hunting, Grouse hunting, and fishing.  But after my wife and I were hitched I decided to give up deer hunting.  I was already losing interest and without a doubt Turkey hunting and Grouse hunting were my favorite by far.  I just hate having to site for hours on in in the same spot and with turkey hunting and especially grouse hunting I didn't have to worry about that anymore.  So I have two English setters that I have raised and trained from pups and I have had bird dogs now for about 19 yrs and can't see myself with out one.  I try and take a trip at least every other year to Wisconsin and its a great time and I look forward to it very much.  But now I'm starting to also eye some turkey hunting trips especially a trip to FL for some Osceola's just having to save up for $$$ of hunting a private spot through an outfitter probably....and then a trip to Alabama....Lord willing one day it will happen.  But I just don't see my self giving up turkey hunting as long as the Lord allows me to chase after them.

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

VAHUNTER

NEVER !!!! as long as i'm able i will be turkey and deer hunting. its way to deep in me as a person to ignore
Good things come to those who wait

Basser69

I have hunted everything in the state at one time or another and you can have them all but my turkeys! I will hunt them as long as I can either hear them or see them

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: TANK on March 02, 2011, 07:00:09 PM
Not until they throw dirt in my face.............

X-2
I like to bow hunting deer, but I give that up allot for fishing. I'm finding I like chasing long beards more and more as the years go by.
It will be a tough day when I have to hang up my Turkey Huntin boots.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

jakesdad

Nope!!Used to be diehard deer hunter and waterfowl hunter.Still do a little of both,just hunt deer with a muzzleloader now.Turkeys get me excited today like it was the first time I ever went!!Plus ya gotta love huntin in the spring!!(and early fall)

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

camp man

I hunted ducks for about twenty years just as hard as I could go. I started hunting turkeys about half way through the duck hunting years. I now find myself standing in the duck ponds wondering if I will hear a turkey gobble before the ducks start flying. Turkey hunting is a sport that completely stands alone and has no equal. I hope I never lose the fire for it or the enjoyment of it!!!!!

OLE RASPY

Nope turkey hunting is made in me.I still deer hunt because its the only thing to do that time of year.LOVE TURKEY HUNTING.

TURKEYWHACKER

I was a hardcore deer/hog hunter since 1980. The last few years have seen me more interested in chasin' ducks in the fall. That bein' said, I live and breathe spring turkey huntin'. Till they slam the coffin lid I will hunt em.  :you_rock: