turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My Wife Took A Header..

Started by Hognutz, October 10, 2012, 01:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hognutz

We had an 80th birthday party for my mother on Saturday, at my house. There were 75 people in attendance, from Michigan to Iowa. Needless to say that on Sunday, we had a lot of clean-up to do. My wife (Kathy) was taking the last load downstairs, (a crock pot), when she missed the bottom step and fell. We knew it was not good, so at 8:00 on Sunday night we were off to the Waukesha Hospital.
An xray showed that both bones in her ankle were broke and one was broke twice. It was also dislocated because there was nothing left to hold the ankle in place. They set and splinted the ankle until Monday night at 10:00, when the orthopedic surgeon plated and screwed the outside of the ankle and just put two screws in the inside of the ankle. We got her home on Tuesday afternoon. It is in a soft splint for 2 weeks when they will xray again, and pull the stitches. She will then have a hard cast put on for 4 weeks. No pressure allowed (walking) on the ankle for the first 6 weeks. After the first 6 weeks, they will put Kathy in a walking boot for a 4 to 6 weeks.

Therapy suggested a walker instead of crutches, so she is hopping along, one step at a time.

Luckily, her pain tolerance is high. It is more of an inconvenience than a pain issue. She is a real trooper..
She wants to be back at work on Monday, if she can. Did I tell you that she is a trooper..I am a blessed man to have her as my wife!!

So that's how my weekend went..

Mike

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

FANMAN

That is one tough lady.My best wishes for a speedy recovery.

redarrow

Praying that she gets well soon. :cross2: :cross2: :cross2:

Eric Gregg

We will pray that she will get better :cross2:

SinGin

God bless her, don't let her try to rush her self in the recovery.

hookedspur

Wow !! Hope all turns out well . She will be in our prayers.  :cross2:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

tomstopper

Sorry to hear this. I hope she gets well soon and I will pray for her.

vaturkey

Mike

Sorry to hear of your wife's fall. I will keep Kathy in my thoughts & prayers & hope for a speedy recovery. Also congrats to your mom on her 80th birthday.

God Bless you & your family

Ricky 
Vaturkey

BOFF

So sorry to read Mike,

But I know Kathy is in good hands with you looking after her!!

Prayers for healing.

God Bless,
David B.

Turkey Beard

Prayers for quick healing and patience...
1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com

Hognutz

Thank you, Gentlemen, for all the kind words. Kathy is doing fine, and is chomping at the bit to get back to work.. She loves her job and plans to retire in a year and a half. I honestly don't know how she will handle it.
Being a retired Ironworker, I find the times when I don't have anything to do, relaxing. She needs to be going all the time..
I went grocery shopping today, and did three loads of wash..Besides the rest that needed doing.
A guy takes for granted all that his wife does.. Not anymore!! I am a blessed man. I know this!!

Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

land cruiser

tomstopper

Quote from: Hognutz on October 11, 2012, 06:19:49 PM
Thank you, Gentlemen, for all the kind words. Kathy is doing fine, and is chomping at the bit to get back to work.. She loves her job and plans to retire in a year and a half. I honestly don't know how she will handle it.
Being a retired Ironworker, I find the times when I don't have anything to do, relaxing. She needs to be going all the time..
I went grocery shopping today, and did three loads of wash..Besides the rest that needed doing.
A guy takes for granted all that his wife does.. Not anymore!! I am a blessed man. I know this!!

Mike
They say that behind every good man is a great woman. This is vey true. Glad she is doing well.

flintlock

Dang Mike I hate to hear this.  Prayers for her healing.
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!