turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite debate lines

Started by lightsoutcalls, October 04, 2012, 09:24:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

Anyone get a chance to watch the debate?  Even MSNBC polls showed that 67% of those polled thought Romney won the debate.  :icon_thumright:

My favorite line from the debate was:

"...you can have your own house, you can have your own plane, but you can't have your own facts."
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Eric Gregg

Romney came out loaded for bear and the Pres didn't know how to handle it.
Someone actually stood up to his agenda, face to face, and called him out.
Romney did a good job and showed he had a back bone

Kylongspur88

:welcomeOG:
Quote from: Eric Gregg on October 04, 2012, 05:46:01 PM
Romney came out loaded for bear and the Pres didn't know how to handle it.
Someone actually stood up to his agenda, face to face, and called him out.
Romney did a good job and showed he had a back bone

He has been surrounded by yes men for 4 years. Mitt lectured him like he was one of his boys. I thought it was great that people got to see the anointed one without his TelePrompTer...

BowBendr

My favorite line was when Oduma said, " I have cut taxes in the past that resulted in each family having $4300.00 extra dollars in their pocket last year so they could buy a new car, or a computer...."

I've checked my bank statement twice today and still can't find that $4300.   :begging:

Kylongspur88

^^^ He got his numbers mixed up. Since he's been in office families now have $4,300 less in their pockets. That's a summer vacation or something new for the house that isn't bought and when consumers have $4,300 less to spend it ripples through the whole economy.

When consumers spend less then producers hurt, then when producers are hurting more people loose their jobs...Simple cycle. These are the type of economic principals a 5th grader understands and our prez doesn't get it...

ctwny1

The line I thought was a real stinger and showed that the so called President doesn't know what he's talking about was when President Obonehead said "If you have a business and move it to China you get a tax break".  Romney then said "I've been in business for 25 years and I don't understand what your talking about. Maybe I need to get a new accountant ".

GobbleNut

The one that really got me was when Mitt said,  "When I'm elected, I will work with the Democrats and Republicans to compromise and get things done" (sic).
Fat Chance.....

lightsoutcalls

Would you rather have a fat chance or no chance?

Compromise is what has led this nation into the cesspool where it now sits.  I'm not naive enough to think it has all happened in the last 3+ years, but I have watched with horror and amazement at what the current president has done to erode religious liberties, work ethic, family values and common decency.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

coyotetrpr

The line that stuck with me the most was when Romney refered to Obama's plan as trickle down government.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

sixbird

I think the shame is that the multinationals have hijacked our process. They control the politicians through lobbying and buying elections...The upcoming auction won't change that much. Jobs will continue to be outsourced, stimulus will continue to destroy our future, and globalization will continue to reduce our standard of living. Political correctness will continue to rob us of our voice and the legislature will continue to rob us of our freedoms in the name of "safety"...Republican, Democrat...Doesn't matter much. They're all funded by the multinationals. Mitt Romney will forward their agenda just as "O" did and Bush one and two and Clinton before them did...
That being said, I think to continue the certain madness that "O" has promoted is ensuring failure...At least with Romney there will be a new clown...We know the old clown show. There's at least a chance of a different show with a new clown...

Kylongspur88

Quote from: sixbird on October 08, 2012, 04:41:36 PM
I think the shame is that the multinationals have hijacked our process. They control the politicians through lobbying and buying elections...The upcoming auction won't change that much. Jobs will continue to be outsourced, stimulus will continue to destroy our future, and globalization will continue to reduce our standard of living. Political correctness will continue to rob us of our voice and the legislature will continue to rob us of our freedoms in the name of "safety"...Republican, Democrat...Doesn't matter much. They're all funded by the multinationals. Mitt Romney will forward their agenda just as "O" did and Bush one and two and Clinton before them did...
That being said, I think to continue the certain madness that "O" has promoted is ensuring failure...At least with Romney there will be a new clown...We know the old clown show. There's at least a chance of a different show with a new clown...

Hate to say it but I agree. It's still going to be fun to watch Paul Ryan hand it to Biden on Thursday though....

Tail Feathers

The VP debate ought to be a real treat to watch.  Biden will almost assuredly make a few verbal blunders and Ryan should skewer him on 'em.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Eric Gregg

Thursday ought to be a real treat. Think I am going to sit back, pop some popcorn, and enjoy the show :popcorn:

mossy835

Quote from: GobbleNut on October 05, 2012, 08:54:35 AM
The one that really got me was when Mitt said,  "When I'm elected, I will work with the Democrats and Republicans to compromise and get things done" (sic).
Fat Chance.....
Actually he meant it un like Obummer and his goon squads of tax and spend! We can not afford his unqualified ways any more, time to move on to reality and vote him out!