turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Trail Cam Advice

Started by tomstopper, October 03, 2012, 09:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomstopper

After alot of thought, I have decided to replace my stolen trail cam with some new ones. The following list is what I am looking for. Any advice will be appreciated.

1) Dependable/Great pictures
2) Small to medium in size
3) would like to buy one that has a pre fit lock box for it (does not have to be with it)
4) Would like it to have gps tracker with it (at least for one)

My plan is to place a cheap one in the open but locked and try to catch the thief's on another one. I am not sure about the gps tracking ones but was told by the troopers to look into them. My grandmother is getting up there in age and really enjoyed looking at the animals on my trail cams so I have decided that I will buy as many as it takes so that I can keep bringing her that enjoyment for as long as possible but would like to catch the crooks red handed as well. Thanks guys for any advice that you have.

lightsoutcalls

I really like my Moultrie M80.  It takes great day pics and decent night pics (IR).  It doesn't have a GPS tracker, but you can get the camlock security boxes for about $30.  The camera was in the $130 range.  I have one of the newer M80XT cameras, but prefer the older M80.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

scoot12

Another great cam is the little acorn 5210a,  its small,  great pics, dependable and awesome battery life.  It does run around $180 but for the money it is my favorite cam.  Also check out coverts line of cams,  they have been getting great reviews.  Scoot

Deputy 14

Cuddeback Ambush IR or Bushnell Trophy Cam.
If your worried about theft the security boxes are only good to keep an honest man honest. I would also look at the Spypoint Tiny W2 with the black box. Sends your pics to it wirelessly so if it gets stolen you'll have the thiefs picture.

dirt road ninja

I agree with Wendel, the M-80's are great. Battery life is fair and it has good picture quality. We run a few of them and have had no problems yet. Some have been out for 18 months. We get around 7-9 thousand pics on a set of batteries.

The other ones I run are the trophy cams. Great battery life and good picture quality. They seem to have more white outs than the Moultrie's and are a little more expensive.

ohiostrutter

ive been running bushnell trophy cam's love them had them out for 4 months still on full batteries have a few moulteies good cameras but poor battery life another good camera I'm running is covert

vaturkey

Vaturkey

tomstopper

Thanks guys for all the advice. I will look into each and let you know what I decide. Thanks agian.