OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What is man? ~ Devotion ~ 9/12/12

Started by lightsoutcalls, September 12, 2012, 09:18:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

Have you ever thought about how powerful God is?  The awesome extent of His abilities?  Have you then wondered how a God like that could love a person like me?  We aren't alone.  Even David, the man after God's own heart, a man of great power and wealth asked the same questions.  My morning devotion from Dr. Michael Youssef dealt with this question. 

September 12, 2012

What Is Man?
By Michael Youssef, Ph.D.

The source of all of our troubles, individually, corporately, and culturally, is the lack of a godly perspective. When we don't have a right view of God, we don't have a right view of mankind, nature, or creation.

In Psalm 8:3-4, David said, "When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him?"

David, the shepherd boy who spent many nights in the open field looking up at the stars as he watched over his flock, was able to praise the maker of the stars. He was able to see beyond the creation to the Creator God. When he saw the galaxies dancing in the sky, he was awed not by the stars, but by the majesty of the One who flung the stars in their orbits.

The God who created all of this did it with such perfection. "What is man that you are mindful of him?" said the psalmist (see Psalm 8:4). How small we are in the vast, cosmic setting. How astounding that the God of this vast universe, the God who orders and controls it all, should think of us.

Prayer: Creator God, when I realize all that Your hands have made, I am amazed that You should care so much for me. Thank You! I pray in the name of Jesus. Amen.

"He speaks to the sun and it does not shine; he seals off the light of the stars.
He alone stretches out the heavens and treads on the waves of the sea" (Job 9:7-8).

Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Duke0002

One of my favorite Psalms.  Thank you.

longbeard11

great devotion!! Oh how great is his love for us, always amazes me

Roostem33

He is surely amazing, Praise God!!!!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

turkey slayer