turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

msshrooms in the yard

Started by TClark, September 09, 2012, 03:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TClark

Anybody know if these are eatable?  They were growing in our yard....they smell good.

Take Care and be blessed,
Terry

College Students
http://4gcellpay.com/

redarrow

TClark

Happy moments, PRAISE GOD.
Difficult moments, SEEK GOD.
Quiet moments, WORSHIP GOD.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD..

Amen to that!!
Take Care and be blessed,
Terry

College Students
http://4gcellpay.com/

alloutdoors

I'm not any kind of expert on mushrooms, morels are about the only edible wild mushroom I eat on a regular basis although I can identify several others.  I stay away from large, white, nondescript mushrooms as a rule because some of the deadliest mushrooms in the Amanita genus match that description. (Search death cap, angel of death mushroom, and destroying angel mushroom for some examples.) I wouldn't trust anyone to ID any mushroom for me over the internet, and I wouldn't eat any that I was not personally 100% sure of the identity.

Spring Creek Calls

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

lightsoutcalls

Cook some up for the neighbor's cat first and see if he starts walking funny before you try them. : )   I wouldn't eat them personally.  I stick with morels as well.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

FANMAN

Them rascals will make your liver bleed...Dont eat em.

turkey slayer

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on September 10, 2012, 09:12:01 AM
Cook some up for the neighbor's cat first and see if he starts walking funny before you try them. : )   I wouldn't eat them personally.  I stick with morels as well.
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Eric Gregg

If you want mushrooms, get them at the grocery store....

M Sharpe

I read an article a couple years ago about a family that traveled abroad one summer. While they were traveling, they ate some mushrooms that were prepared in a resturant. No problem. Came home a gathered some that looked like the ones they had eaten while traveling. Made a big pot of spaghetti with the home grown ones. Before morning two were dead and two were in intensive care quite awhile before recovering.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!