turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

chiggers!!

Started by Doug-Va, September 05, 2012, 04:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug-Va

Ok ive tried fingernail polish and a few anti-itch creams and still fighting these chiggers! Does anyone know of anything else i can try!!!

Doug

barry

Heard they are bad this year.
I don't recommend this but a buddy of mine once brushed his legs with polyurethane  ???

stone road turkey calls

you do not have a chigger in the bite area as most people think, they leave a nasty enzyme under the skin when they bite you. I know this sounds crazy but heat is the only thing i have found that will stop the itch. you can light a match and hold it as close and as long as you can over the bite area be carefull not to burn yourself, the itch will stop. or you can sit in a tub of hot water add some tide laundry detergent and it will heat the water up some more. nuts but it works
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

Big Timber

A cup of Clorox bleach in your bath water will help dry the bites out.

Doug-Va

Quote from: barry on September 05, 2012, 06:03:36 PM
Heard they are bad this year.
I don't recommend this but a buddy of mine once brushed his legs with polyurethane  ???
[/qu

Barry.. since im a floor sander i think i can find some polyurethene but not going to try that!!!

Doug

TurkeyScratch

Quote from: Big Timber on September 05, 2012, 07:35:05 PM
I've done this myself and it always seemed to work.

Sherrell

Go to Wal-Mart pharmacy and ask for Chigger X..it will help.

Remember the only thing smaller than a redbug is the trash that gets in his eye.

R AJ

A sulphur bath they can't take. It is advisable to spray pants legs,boots,and rear area if you sit on the ground. Clear fingernail polish over each bite still takes about three days. The clorox SOLUTION bath as mentioned earlier works pretty well for me. 

BOFF

^^^^^^^ This, and I've just made a bleach solution with water and sponged over the bite areas.

God Bless,
David B.

jrseale82

If you catch then soon enough put preparation h on them.  You have to put it on them as soon as they start to show up or it will not work.

tomstopper

:agreed: This is what I did when I was in the Marines and stationed at Camp Lejeune. We did not have bath tubs so I applied it directly to my skin in the shower and let it sit for a minute before rinsing it off. Be advised that if you have been digging it, the clorox will sting a little. Good luck.

lonnie sneed jr.

CHIGGER RID,  works good for me.

:OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:

MDbowman

Treat your clothes with permanone!! Won't help this batch but it won't happen again!!
In about 2 weeks they will stop itching.