OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Spring gobbler in California

Started by BigGobbler, August 31, 2012, 12:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigGobbler

I told my wife that I was taking her to Disneyland in the spring then I told her that she had to go turkey hunting with me in order for her to go Disneyland and She said ok. Now I gotta make some plans fast before she thinks about what she agreed on and changes her mind. How is the public land for turkey hunting? Would it be better off for us to use a guide? Anyone ever use any guides in california for turkey hunting?

TRKYHTR

California does not have much public land turkey hunting. Similar to TX. There are a few places for public hunting but they are in Northern CA. There is also not many turkeys in the area near Disneyland. If you come north I could put you on some turkeys but I am about 8 hours away from Disneyland. Good luck with your search.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Lumpy

Pretty much agree with what Joe said! Think Lake Henshaw holds birds, but it gets hammered!!
God Bless
It's not a religon, it's a relationship, JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!!!

Hook's Custom Calls Prostaffer
www.hookscalls.com

BigGobbler

Thanks Guys for the info.I like to try to turkey hunt in a differant state every year And just thought it be cool to have a vacation and a hunt together with jennifer.I probably will go the outfitter route since its Jennifer's first turkey hunt ever. Really do not want to be beating the brush for a week on some public lands and not get a chance on a gobbler and have her get discouraged and not want to go again. I know she is only going for the Disneyland part she says she wants to hunt also.I had to laugh because she would never go with me before and I ask her to go with me all the time. I will keep in touch with you joe and maybe us guys can get a hunt in together or stop by your shop

socalturkeyman

LOL I hunted Lake Henshaw for years now and you will be put to the test! All the birds(which is alot of birds) are on vista water land,and cant be hunted. But I did shoot one last year a few miles up the road from there. If I were you I would look into one of the guides in the San Diego area or a little north. I can ask my buddy for the number of that guide they use this year. They bust two in one day and had lots of chances on different birds. And thats in mine country in Santa barbara. Its about the same distance from disney to SD.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy