turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

DSD's

Started by ghillie, March 02, 2011, 11:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghillie

When I first was introduced to turkey hunting....by my friend Joe...I'll never forget...the FIRST thing he told me is to beware of the turkey bug....you will spend and spend and spend and then spend some more on turkey hunting products...calls, decoys...camo...etc etc etc    The latest and the greatest...it is what you will want to have...

Before you know it...you will have a room full of "stuff"....he told me try not to let that happen...your better off getting top end stuff first..instead of starting with the cheaper stuff...over and over until you finally realize that the high end stuff is better and you end up getting it down the road anyway...he showed me his basement and I about fell over...

I took his words to heart because he was trying to show me what NOT to do... :lol:

I've been using an old Flambau flocked hen decoy and I think a Primos jake for years now...I've been looking and reading and looking again at the DSD's...and I can honestly say that I think I  purchased my last set of turkey decoys...

I went all out and just ordered the "Flock" from DSD...they should be here in a couple weeks...man am I psyched!!!

I'm not a real fan of the strutter decoys...another friend has a strutter and I've hunted over them and they just seem to spook birds when we were out...not sure if the timing was off or what but they just seemed to work against us...maybe ....down the road I'll get the DSD strutter....I don't know...I't will take some convincing I do believe....

Thanks Joe for the lesson   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

doublegobble

I just got a DSD at the end of last season (thanks to a brother in law that couldn't find anything else for my birthday)! I am looking forward to using it this year. The DSD strutter looks absolutely awesome but I am like you, I haven't had much luck with a strutter.
Red meat isn't bad for you, fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

Muskie03

Cool ghillie, hope they get covered in blood the first time out.
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

bowhunter84

:icon_thumright:   those DSD's look awesome

Jayhawkeye

i've been using DSD for 3 years now.  i have the jake, upright, & feeding hen.  you will not be disappointed!!!!!
Rock Chalk Jayhawks!!!  Gobble, Gobble, Gobble...  Go KU!!!

Expressjet

I have had the upright hen for three seasons now. I have had Boss Hens nock it off the stake. There has been at least, 15 Gobblers and 1 bearded hen kill in front of mine.. You will love them.. Kevin

bird

Quote from: Jayhawkeye on March 03, 2011, 11:43:16 AM
i've been using DSD for 3 years now.  i have the jake, upright, & feeding hen.  you will not be disappointed!!!!!

:icon_thumright:

Stoner

In the right situation strutters do work well. They will attract a gobbler and will spook some but you can work that to your advantage by proper placement of the decoy. I have posted this video before, I took a few years ago, this is one bad Osceola.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=182726482175220882#

whiskey

Just make sure that they bird is clear of the decoys....

I'd be PO'd if I shot up an expensive decoy.  :fud:

Jayhawkeye

Quote from: whiskey on March 15, 2011, 09:51:41 AM
Just make sure that they bird is clear of the decoys....

I'd be PO'd if I shot up an expensive decoy.  :fud:

my new A.C.E. DSD took a #6 flier last year & it didn't damage the decoy.  however, the earlier model is a little fragile.   

ghillie

Well they arrived...7 days after the order was placed...awesome!!

Man do they look good...pics on the internet didn't do them justice....was surprised when they were in hand....look out Mr. Furkees...you time is gonna come!!!

Jayhawkeye

Quote from: ghillie on March 15, 2011, 04:48:37 PM
Well they arrived...7 days after the order was placed...awesome!!

Man do they look good...pics on the internet didn't do them justice....was surprised when they were in hand....look out Mr. Furkees...you time is gonna come!!!

they are the @#$%!!!