turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Trail cam produced

Started by doublegobble, August 23, 2012, 09:10:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doublegobble

Got a bunch of pics of a nice buck. Our plan is to wait for a year or maybe 2 and hope he blows up into a monster.

Red meat isn't bad for you, fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

redarrow

WOW! I ain't knocking you for letting it grow,but that rascal won't see another year if he hits my food plot this fall. :drool:

Crawdad

Down here where i'm at, he already a monster. I'm shooting him.

tomstopper

Quote from: redarrow on August 23, 2012, 09:52:21 AM
WOW! I ain't knocking you for letting it grow,but that rascal won't see another year if he hits my food plot this fall. :drool:
:agreed:

hookedspur

I hope he stays put, I would love to see himm in 1 or2 years  :drool:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

doublegobble

We are hoping he makes it also. He is living on my buddies which is only 160 acres and they hunt all around it, but over the years we have kind of created a great place for them to stay. There is an area we never hunt that is thick as all get out so they have kind of a safe haven. We also only bowhunt the property and have done that for the past 3 years. We have been dropping a lot of undesireable trees to allow the young oaks to grow and just leave the cut trees laying on the ground for thick bedding cover. Also added a ton of tall thick prairie grass. He leaves some standing corn for food and has a couple fields of alphalfa. He shot an enormous buck last year and I have some real nice ones on the wall so we figured it wouldn't hurt us any to let him grow to his potential before we took a crack at him.

Kylongspur88

Awesome buck. I hope you can keep him alive. Even though I hunt some big property, when we let deer with potential live the neighbors usually end up getting them. Hopefully he has plenty of does and won't fee the need to wander far and if he does only moves at night.

Wingbone

Though in the land of giants, I guess you can imagine the potential of that monster getting even bigger. But, here in the south, that would be as big as he'd ever get if anybody got a crack at him.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

guesswho

I'm betting he don't last to long, especially if he continues to walk around in the daylight.

Heck of a deer!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

vaturkey

That's a beautiful 12 pointer ! 

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

doublegobble

Just guessing from his features, more pointed nose and not a huge brisket, that he is a younger deer. I know plenty of people who will take a shot at him if they have the opportunity but when a younger deer has that kind of headgear, he can become an absolute stud! I'm hoping he is smart enough to hide like he has never hid before.  :OGani:

barry

I would guess him at 3 1/2 but you are in the land of giants, could be a great 2 1/2!
He'll definitely blow up next year.

doublegobble

Quote from: barry on August 23, 2012, 03:14:42 PM
I would guess him at 3 1/2 but you are in the land of giants, could be a great 2 1/2!
He'll definitely blow up next year.

3 1/2 is our best guess also. We have some older bucks with not so greta racks we can thin out if needed. Maybe a bruiser will stroll through during the rut.  :icon_thumright:

longbeard11

Thats a beast, but he will be an absolute GIANT in one more year!!! Hope he makes it through the season and doesnt travel too much in the rut.  Good luck, thanks for sharing with us, thats a stud for sure

scoot12

Beautiful deer,  I would shoot him but in a year he will be incredible.  Scoot