OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

how many of you gobble in the woosds?

Started by dodger, March 02, 2011, 09:03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodger

I have been known to hang a few hard to kill birds upside down on a limb after I gobble at them a few times... how many do the same as me and gobble at birds in the woods?

MarkJM

If I end up gobbling its because i'm extremely board. There are too many hunters around here for me to gobble. I would get my head blown off from some nut. :smiley-char092:
MuellerCustomCalls

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Muskie03

I've seen it work some crazy magic on eastern's that wouldn't budge.
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

ghillie

never tried it...as mentioned...lots of pressure around here too...I also would be afraid of getting my head busted!!

Ack

Quote from: Muskie03 on March 02, 2011, 09:30:33 AM

x2...I have killed a few after letting out some gobbles on the mouth call. I'll only do it on private land that I hunt exclusively though....not worth an accident.

Nature's Echo Calls ProStaff

shootumindaface

Quote from: Muskie03 on March 02, 2011, 09:30:33 AM
Yup, I gobble on a tube call

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

LX_Trkyhntr

I do! :you_rock:  It can work like magic, but it can also shut a gobbler down that has had his tale whipped recently.  It is definitely a tool in my arsenal, that when used at the right time can and does produce results!

An interesting part of your original post is that you have been known to "hang a few birds upside down on a limb" 

That is a good assement of my results as well, most of the birds that respond to my gobbling are hooked spurred old devils that will hang from a limb!! :you_rock: :you_rock:
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

shootumindaface

Quote from: LX_Trkyhntr on March 02, 2011, 10:22:00 AM
I do! :you_rock:  It can work like magic, but it can also shut a gobbler down that has had his tale whipped recently.  It is definitely a tool in my arsenal, that when used at the right time can and does produce results!

An interesting part of your original post is that you have been known to "hang a few birds upside down on a limb" 

That is a good assement of my results as well, most of the birds that respond to my gobbling are hooked spurred old devils that will hang from a limb!! :you_rock: :you_rock:
If I were you I would stick to a gobbler shacker :begging:

TRKYHTR

I do it ocassionally. I've gobbled up a few hunters in the past. Be safe if your going to do it.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

latimer shedhead

It can be a deadly call to use on a tom, I've used it as a last resort on some tough birds. Downside is it can be deadly on you too :newmascot:

dodger

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 02, 2011, 10:23:07 AM
Quote from: LX_Trkyhntr on March 02, 2011, 10:22:00 AM

If I were you I would stick to a gobbler shacker :begging:

:z-winnersmiley:

Spring_Woods

I've always been hesitant to try it. Scary...
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

Jay