turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

USAHUNTINGEAR is shutting down

Started by flintlockgirl, August 12, 2012, 05:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flintlockgirl

After much heartache, we have decided to close down USAhuntingear on SEPT. !st, 2012, the website will no longer be available.

We just can not continue to stock fabrics, leather, hardware, pay for website fees. We tried real hard over the 5 years to become a big success by offering top notch gear using top notch materials, wasnt good enough, that Cabelas catalog is more fun to pick up and order Chinese.

We do have some loyal supporters , guys and gals that believing buying American is important and simply put, they love our gear. A big thank you to you people!! If it wasnt for s couple hunting forums such as this, we would have never made it this far.

We spent countless nights up all night working on a new piece of gear, had to keep in mind the price to compete with Cabelas, had to make sure it offered a bit more then that particular gear that was being sold in Cabelas and just to get shot down once again. We always tried to include a free gift with every purchase, big box stores doesnt do that, we always offered your initials, name or logo on your gear FOR FREE, big box store doesnt do that either.

So again, thank you to the loyal hunters that supported us and who knew the difference between the American economy and Chinese economy, the difference between well made gear and gear sewn together using one thread,no lining,and bad zippers. Sincerely, Tom

Hognutz

That really is too bad. His products were top notch and he treated his customers like kings. It is a sad thing to see him close up shop. I cherish the double decoy bag that he made for me. Thanks, Tom... :cross2:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

vaturkey

Sorry to hear this Tom. All the products that I have from you, gobbler lounger sack, decoy bag, striker rollups are top notch quality & made in the USA .

Thanks for great service & great products !

Ricky   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

hunter22

I hate to hear that Tom. You guys made some outstanding products.

HARDCORE

Tom, I would like to place an order if you're still taking any.

Btw, pattern isn't important, Ill take what you've got.

HC

Neill_Prater

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, it is a sign of our times. I read an article in our local paper today about how much retail merchandising is expected to change in the next 10 years, stating that eventually, very few retailers will actually stock items for immediate purchase, but instead will only take orders for items to be shipped. This will cut costs tremendously by eliminating retail outlets, and all the overhead associated with them. They even forecast that many items will be purchased online, then actually "manufactured" right on your desk via 3-D printers. I guess that isn't too bad an idea, at least that should knock the Chinese out of the loop.

Anyway, best of luck to you in the future. Neill

gob09

sorry to hear that you guys have to stop produceing your great gear i really enjoy the things that i have recieved as gifts and bought myself
again i hate to see a good co. have to quit im very sorry

chatterbox

Sorry to hear that Tom.
The lounge sacks you made for me are top notch, and make it a breeze for me and Harrison to tote around our loungers in comfort.

flintlockgirl

Thanks so much to all of you, if it werent for you guys, we would have never made it!!

Hardcore:  the website is open until Sept. 1 st.