OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hevi13 3" & 3.5" #5s, #6s, #7s, & Mag Blend in stock!!!

Started by 3" 870 Shell Shucker, August 11, 2012, 05:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Simmons Sporting Goods in Bastrop, LA has a lot of Hevishot HTL. 

The only thing I didn't see was 3.5" #7s.  3" #7s were $22, Mag Blend was $30.

chatterbox

Wow, MagBlends have shot up!
Sign of the times, I guess. Glad I have a good stockpile of Win XRHD on hand.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

QuoteWow, MagBlends have shot up!

They have a good price on their current stock of 3" #7's.
I thought that would be of interest to the OG membership.

The prices of Hevi13 and Magnum Blend went up months ago at most retailers nationwide.  It was discussed all over this forum back then.  Have you been on vacation?

chatterbox

Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on August 15, 2012, 12:15:54 AM
QuoteWow, MagBlends have shot up!

They have a good price on their current stock of 3" #7's.
I thought that would be of interest to the OG membership.

The prices of Hevi13 and Magnum Blend went up months ago at most retailers nationwide.  It was discussed all over this forum back then.  Have you been on vacation?

No need for sarcasm.
I am well aware of the price increase. I thought you were refering to MagBlends, which my store had for less than 30.00 when I bought them last spring.
My post didn't reflect Hevi-13 #7. That is a good price for the 7's.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

QuoteNo need for sarcasm.

None intended.  Inflection of tone doesn't translate well into this digital format.

SumToy

They have all gone up.  When you give to some and help others you got to get it back.  That is why you not see us spend alot on advertising or set up at shows.  Some got to pay the bill.  I have a problem with some companies that throw money away then go up so we all can pay for them to big time or big shot.

Look for them to be more this year.

Ok my vent for today. LOL
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

3" 870 Shell Shucker

QuoteLook for them to be more this year.

They'll price themselves into a smaller marketshare.

At some point, Lead will Rock.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: chatterbox on August 11, 2012, 05:37:36 PM

in early January raw tungsten was $12.00 per lb. by mid February it had risen to $24.00 per lb. and the last time I checked, last month, it was $49.00 per lb. That's more than a 400% price increase in the raw product in the last 7 months.

Since tungsten is a primary ingredient of most HTL shot, any company that is still producing that product will be forced to increase their price.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

chatterbox

Quote from: allaboutshooting on August 15, 2012, 05:47:41 PM
Quote from: chatterbox on August 11, 2012, 05:37:36 PM

in early January raw tungsten was $12.00 per lb. by mid February it had risen to $24.00 per lb. and the last time I checked, last month, it was $49.00 per lb. That's more than a 400% price increase in the raw product in the last 7 months.

Since tungsten is a primary ingredient of most HTL shot, any company that is still producing that product will be forced to increase their price.

Thanks,
Clark
I am fortunate. I now have over 60 rounds of HTL, and my 835 shoots the Federal flite control shell quite well also.That should do me quite well for a few seasons. :funnyturkey:

3" 870 Shell Shucker

QuoteI am fortunate. I now have over 60 rounds of HTL

I have a small stash by pure luck; not because I expected prices to climb so quickly.  I didn't take advantage of the good price on those #7's myself the other day, because I was there to get other things.  My funding had limitations.

Back when $4 per shell jumped to $6 per shell, I knew then that I was through buying HTL and would switch back to Lead whenever my HTL ran out.  Lead reloads are patterning as good or better than store-bought Lead, so I am pretty optimistic about Lead.  Lead is not Dead, so long as it is a legal option.