turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fixing to be a granddaddy

Started by CASH, August 11, 2012, 09:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CASH

Been keeping it close to the vest, but my daughter is pregnant.  She was due yesterday.  The doctor told her if nothing happened this weekend they would induce labor Monday morning.  

Just got a call from my ex saying her water just broke, so we're headed to Michigan in a couple of hours.  Still not sure about my feelings on it all as my daughter is 17.  I've gone from shocked that my teenage daughter is pregnant, to anger, to bewildered, etc.  It's been a wide range of emotions over the past 9 months.   But above it all, she's still my little girl and I love her to death.

Please keep us in your prayers for a safe journey and my daughter and grandson for a safe birth and healthy new life.

CASH
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Turkey Beard

Cash, I'm guessing this is your first grandchild; may God bless your entire family.  Let me know how it goes... my daughter is pregnant with identical twin boys and they won't let her go past 9-17... these will be our first grandkids.  Then, just over a month later, my son's wife is due with a little girl.
1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com

chatterbox

Prayers sent, Bob. Praying for a safe delivery for your daughter, and the birth of a healthy grandchild.
:cross2: :cross2: :cross2:
Please keep us posted.

Tail Feathers

I'm sure you have mixed emotions.  But celebrate the new life today.

No, it's not the life choices we wish for our children, but it happens.  May God Bless the child and your family. :bible:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

catdaddy

Preacher

put your arm around her and love her ,  she and the baby really need that now,  and I know you will,  they are both as scared as they can be, and Daddy's unconditional love and support will be cherised for ever. 
Romans 8:37

drenalinld

When you hold that grandchild, it will be life-changing. Praying it goes well! As Preacher said a dad's love is SO important for a daughter in good and bad.

hookedspur

Cash your Heart is about to be melted  :love5:  
My Grand Daughter is 5 now and there is not a day goes by that I dont thank the Lord
for sending her our way.
I didnt know I had that much LOVE in my Heart, till I looked at her for the first time.

LOVE-EM for all your worth , and may God Bless you and your family.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

captin_hook

Congrats and I hope all goes well.

handcannon

I could only imagine what that must be like for you. I was in the same situation a few years ago but the good Lord decided it wasn't time and the baby was lost not long after she was pregnant. This is one of the trials of men and you and the family will overcome. She needs her daddy to be by her side. You be careful heading up there Bob. I'll be praying for the family and your new addition.

marshboy

CASH, best of luck to you and your family.
Greg

slamman

prayers sent hope all is goes well the only advise I can offer is they grow up faster then you could ever believe my oldest two are 14 then I have two more one 12 and one eleven.  seems like yesterday I was changing their diapers.

CASH

Thanks guys. We had a 12 hour drive and missed the birth by 3 hours, but it's official. We've got a future turkey hunter in the house.

Alec Anthony Scherer

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

FANMAN

What a beautiful grandson.Congrats.

HARDCORE

Congratulations Bob and thanks for sharing Alec with us.

"It starts"