OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

TruGlo SSX

Started by davisd9, March 02, 2011, 07:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Hope to get my TruGlo Strut Stopper Xtreme in today.  I am going to pattern it with the Federal HW 7s and maybe some Hevi13 7s.  I have a friend that has the choke in his 20 ga. 870 and with Feds he can get about 190 - 201 in 10". If I can get 125 - 150 then I will be stoked!   :smiley-char092:
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

shootumindaface

Good luck that choke performs well with all loads in my gun.. Remember to scrub the heck out of it before you shoot it, that thing is covered in a protective coating.

davisd9

What should I clean it with?
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

shootumindaface

Quote from: davisd9 on March 02, 2011, 11:16:55 AM
What should I clean it with?
I usually hose it out with brake or carb cleaner to get the bulk of it out.. Than I use bore cleaner with a brush and than back to brake or carb cleaner.. You gonna be shocked how much crap comes out of it..

shootumindaface

Quote from: slickyboyboo on March 02, 2011, 11:34:06 AM
Quote from: davisd9 on March 02, 2011, 07:28:15 AM
I have a friend that has the choke in his 20 ga. 870 and with Feds he can get about 190 - 201 in 10". If I can get 125 - 150 then I will be stoked!   :smiley-char092:

Thats Smokin with the Federals!!
I totally overlooked that.. Shoot that gun as well when ya go, I wanna see that pattern..

davisd9

I will see if he has pictures, but I made a mistake.  It was not his 870, but his new 11-87 20 gauge.  Either way I was in awe!  :o

surehuntsalot

anybody know where I could fine one of these chokes for a 20ga ?
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

shootumindaface

davisd9

PM sent about a deal on them.

davisd9

They only make the SSX in 20 ga for a remington and charles daily.

spurz

Who has the best deal on the SSX?, I am looking to get one.

davisd9

http://www.bowhunterssupplystore.com/TruGlo-Strut-Stopper-Xtreme-Choke-Tube.html

Mine came to $33 and some change.  The TG157X is the 20 Gauge model that comes in threads for Remington and Charles Daily.  Let me know if you are definitely going to order one and I will PM you with something you can use against it.

gophert

Quote from: davisd9 on March 04, 2011, 07:19:02 AM
http://www.bowhunterssupplystore.com/TruGlo-Strut-Stopper-Xtreme-Choke-Tube.html

Mine came to $33 and some change.  The TG157X is the 20 Gauge model that comes in threads for Remington and Charles Daily.  Let me know if you are definitely going to order one and I will PM you with something you can use against it.

Hook me up if there are any deals out there.  Going to try to order one in the next few days.  THX!

davisd9

davisd9

Well it is a coupon code and I do not know if it will work more than once, but shoot give it a try.  All I ask is if it works and they send you a coupon then share it with someone.  The code is: fg4969