turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Didn't Qualify!

Started by guesswho, August 08, 2012, 09:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

I forgot to take my medication this morning and sometimes my judgment suffers.  I was in town on my way to see my next customer with my boss who is from out of town.  I noticed one of those tent things set up in a gas station parking lot with a bunch of people standing in line.  I couldn't resist so I turned around and pulled in.  On the sign it said free cell phones so I got out and got in the shortest line.  I looked at my boss to make sure it was ok but he wouldn't make eye contact, so I just stayed in line.  I felt out of place being the only Floridian American there.  Took about thirty minutes to get to talk to the guy with the free phones.  I told him I'd like one for me and one for my boss.  He told me we probably didn't qualify >:(  I ask him why not and he said our income was probably to high but we could fill out an application.   He also told me that I had a cell phone, I agreed and told him If I had a free one I could get rid of the one that has a monthly bill attached to it.   I got to tell you, this places customer service sucked.   I think everybody got a free phone, crack heads, pimps, drug dealers, and prostitutes.  But I didn't qualify.  You got to be kidding me.  They said it was because of my annual income.  I believe I was discriminated against because I was a Floridian American.  I may have to go see a lawyer about this.     
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Tail Feathers

Some folk get phones, some folk get to pay for 'em.

Guess you know which group you gonna be in... :TooFunny:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Eric Gregg

Ronnie,
I like it when you don't take your meds........makes things a lot more interesting.
So my tax money is going to supply everyone that doesn't have a legitimate job that pays income taxes (drug dealer, prostitute) a cell phone.....man that will give me warm and fuzzy feelings the next time I look at my pay stubb.
I don't mind my taxes for roadways, police/sheriff dept, and fire department as these are necessities in my opinion, but supplying a person who doesn't get taxed for working a cell phone and making us pay for it is stupid.

As my economics teacher in college always stated "there is no such thing as a free lunch, someone always has to pay for it"

handcannon

More than likely, your boss man knew you didn't take your meds which is why he wouldnt make eye contact with you. Heck, I'm afraid to look into the eyes of your avatar!

captin_hook

It's a shame how the middle class gets screwed.

guesswho

The best I could tell by glancing at the paper work it was only good for 68 minutes a month, which wouldn't help me much.  But it did have texting and something else.

I have no problem giving out free phones to people who actually need them, the elder for example.   But a guy in his early 20's who probably can run a 4.3 forty while wearing his baggy $100 jeans, backward $30 hat with the tags still in it , $100 sun glasses ect. is a bit much.   At  least they were all cutting up with me instead of cutting me up.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

lightsoutcalls

Funny you mention this.  I was in Conway, AR with my wife.  We had time to kill before an appointment, so we had lunch, then went by the nearby Goodwill store to see if they had a used bookshelf.  I noticed a full color printed poster on the door offering the free cell phones with contact information to apply for them.  As you stated, they had a low number of monthly minutes, but I was amazed at how the program was being so openly advertised. 

11/6/12 - Time to Hope for Change!
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

dirt road ninja

It's ashame that the phones will work and most of the folks getting them don't.

guesswho

Quote from: dirt road ninja on August 09, 2012, 01:30:19 PM
It's ashame that the phones will work and most of the folks getting them don't.
Try calling them on their new cell phone for a job interview.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Hooksfan

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on August 09, 2012, 09:41:41 AM
As you stated, they had a low number of monthly minutes, but I was amazed at how the program was being so openly advertised. 
11/6/12 - Time to Hope for Change!

It is an election year.  Got to make a big push at the end to buy all the votes you can.