turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

home-remidies

Started by Preacher, August 07, 2012, 07:09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Preacher

What have you tried that works, and saves a visit to the doctor plus makes you feel better?
Romans 8:37

hookedspur

Wet a Rolaid and hold it on a bee sting ,it will take the pain away quick.  :wave:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

tomstopper

Instead of cough syrup, try a mixture of honey and lemon juice. Also it tastes better so you don't have to fight with your children on taking it.

captin_hook

White, liquid shoe polish on poison ivy. It dries it up real fast.

Deputy 14

Vitamin E capsule on bee stings and bug bites.

guesswho

Really not a remedy but super glue beats getting stitches.  Just make sure you clean the cut real good first.   My doctor has been impressed with some of my work :laugh:
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

drenalinld

Ronnie, I have paid good money to have my head super glued back to hide my skull. I wish you would have been around. We could use the money to hunt anywhere.

Kylongspur88

For a cold, Vicks vapor rub on your feet real thick, then a thick/warm pair of socks. I swear it works.

handcannon

Quote from: Kylongspur88 on August 07, 2012, 10:33:09 PM
For a cold, Vicks vapor rub on your feet real thick, then a thick/warm pair of socks. I swear it works.

My wife tried that a few months ago and it did work.

Devastator

Quote from: handcannon on August 08, 2012, 01:18:03 AM
Quote from: Kylongspur88 on August 07, 2012, 10:33:09 PM

My wife tried that a few months ago and it did work.
a lady at work told me about that and i thought she was pulling my leg.i guess i will try it now.

SinGin

Quote from: guesswho on August 07, 2012, 07:22:45 PM
Really not a remedy but super glue beats getting stitches.  Just make sure you clean the cut real good first.   My doctor has been impressed with some of my work :laugh:

that does work. My wife keeps some around for a" just in case moment"
A spoon full of peanut butter for the hiccups.

Doug

1,000 - 1,500mg vitamin C to combat allergy symptoms.  Used to go through boxes and boxes of OTC allergy meds during summer/fall.  Now, maybe one box.  For a week or two in the fall, the vitamin C doesn't work for me, but most of the time it works great.

Half fast

Ever get leg cramps while sleeping ? Take a bar of soap and put under the sheets at the end of the bed . no certain brand ..ol buddy of mine told me about it years ago ..dont know why but it works.

captin_hook

Quote from: Half fast on August 09, 2012, 07:48:11 AM
Ever get leg cramps while sleeping ? Take a bar of soap and put under the sheets at the end of the bed . no certain brand ..ol buddy of mine told me about it years ago ..dont know why but it works.
?????????really?

gotcha

To get rid of a wart,steal your neighbors dishrag,rub the wart with it then bury the rag in your backyard.That came out of the Foxfire books.