OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Leviticus 20:13 Just thought I would share this.

Started by flydowntn, August 01, 2012, 09:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flydowntn

Leviticus 20:13 says, "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

I have made my choice. "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." (Joshua 24:15).

Just thought I would share.
Shane
S. P. Game Calls

Wingbone

I always wonder how any so-called "liberal Christian" can overlook these laws in Lev. 20. It is a very interesting chapter. It is very straight forward about what is natural and acceptable. Thanks for posting.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

Eric Gregg

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

M Sharpe

Quote from: Wingbone on August 01, 2012, 10:20:36 PM
I always wonder how any so-called "liberal Christian" can overlook these laws in Lev. 20. It is a very interesting chapter. It is very straight forward about what is natural and acceptable. Thanks for posting.

I'm in total agreement with you!! So many think that since we live under grace and not the law, the law does not apply. So therefore many think that the Old Testament is just for reading and not living by.

Romans 6:14 & 15
Galations 3:10
Galations 5:18
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

lightsoutcalls

I have worked with a number of openly gay people (male and female) over the years.  The ones I currently work around have helped me develop an appreciation for the fact that they are individuals.  Previously, as soon as I knew a person was gay, I have to admit that I distanced myself from them and saw them as "less than". 
   A young man that I work with (early 20's) that is gay has really opened my eyes.  He hasn't even said much about being gay, but has shared some insight into his growing up.  He has a God-fearing mother and a dad who basically cut ties with him when he announced that he is gay.  He has a work ethic better than many of the "straight" folks in the store and is very personable and treats everyone fairly (shift manager). 
   I have learned to respect him, and others as individuals.  I sometimes have to remind myself that he was made in God's image, just like I was.  I sometimes have to remind myself that although his sins and my sins may be different, they are still sins, and come with the same end result if not confessed. 
   I stand strongly opposed to the homosexual lifestyle and the re-defining of marriage, just as I do "straight" extra-marital relationships and the breaking of marriage vows.  Fortunately God is big enough and willing to forgive these sins just like He is the sins of lying, cheating, stealing... etc.  He does, however, note that sins of a sexual nature also come with a "here-and-now" price... a price paid by the body.  This price may manifest as a disease, or it may manifest as emotional symptoms of depression or anxiety, etc. 
   The thought of "the act" turns my stomach, I'll admit.  If we profess to be Christians, we need to get to the place where we recognize that sin is sin, and we have a responsibility to treat others as though they were made in the image of God.  That's sometimes easier said than done, and I have to ask forgiveness for not remembering to do this at times.  That doesn't mean we "accept" the behavior and certainly doesn't mean we compromise Godly standards in order to be "politically correct".  Many more are won through genuine love and concern than through passing judgment and pointing fingers. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

stinkpickle

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on August 02, 2012, 10:14:53 AM
... Many more are won through genuine love and concern than through passing judgment and pointing fingers. 

This ^^^

magnoliagamecalls

Very good post Wendell.  How true "WE" look towards some of these issues (fornication, adultry, lying, etc) rather lightly when they are all sin and will be judged.

Jay

Quote from: stinkpickle on August 02, 2012, 10:34:04 PM
Quote from: lightsoutcalls on August 02, 2012, 10:14:53 AM
... Many more are won through genuine love and concern than through passing judgment and pointing fingers. 

This ^^^
We have a two lesbians in our redneck circle, who are beautiful people, inside. They plan on getting married, and I am happy for them. Where I've changed over the years is acquiring more tolerance and an understanding that it is not my role on this earth to judge anyone. I figure that job is up to a much higher person than myself. I'm a sinner like all, and I need to take care of myself more than others. When I totally reach the level of sin free I will pass judgement on the rest of you to determine who goes where.  ;D I just don't see that happening in the near future.

turkeykiller22

really well put by everyone. Super encouraging to see other believe in the One True God!! Thanks for sharing guys!
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

VaTuRkStOmPeR

I have gay friends.

I celebrate and defend their right to be gay and enjoy love as a human experience, not some political issue defined by Christian conservatives. 

Ron Emanuel and the mayors attempting to use their political platform to deny chick fil a business venues in their districts are clearly in constitutional violation.

The couterpoint is that the constitution does not define marriage as a constitutional right nor as an institution exclusively between a man and a woman and in my opinion, it is wrong to deny homosexuals the same opportunities afforded to heterosexuals, especially when the basis for denial is centralized in religious doctrine.

To each their own.

catdaddy

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on August 03, 2012, 11:54:59 AM
I have gay friends.

I celebrate and defend their right to be gay and enjoy love as a human experience, not some political issue defined by Christian conservatives.  

Ron Emanuel and the mayors attempting to use their political platform to deny chick fil a business venues in their districts are clearly in constitutional violation.

The couterpoint is that the constitution does not define marriage as a constitutional right nor as an institution exclusively between a man and a woman and in my opinion, it is wrong to deny homosexuals the same opportunities afforded to heterosexuals, especially when the basis for denial is centralized in religious doctrine.

To each their own.

To each his own?? Yes I suppose so—However—

For me and I am sure many others, it is not so much the fact that we find two dudes in heat locking up as repulsive and morally reprehensible —it is the effort to try and force me to accept it and even celebrate it.  I do not and will not.

longspur

To each his own?? Yes I suppose so—However—

For me and I am sure many others, it is not so much the fact that we find two dudes in heat locking up as repulsive am morally reprehensible —it is the effort to try and force me to accept it and even celebrate it.  I do not and will not.

[/quote]
Yes, its like seeing someone eating vomit. I don't hate that person but I don't accept it as normal and I don't want them eating it beside me in a resturant. Bigamy is a crime. What is that based on?

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on August 03, 2012, 11:54:59 AM

I respect your viewpoint about homosexuals.  You mention "...the basis for denial is centralized in religious doctrine."  It's funny you mention that, because marriage itself is a covenant relationship founded by none other than Jehovah, God, the creator of man.  If it weren't for that same "religious doctrine" that you mention, there would be no marriage. 
     Since marriage was established as a covenant relationship, there were very specific rules/boundaries established for its existence.
    Although I have never lived in one, some exclusive housing subdivisions around me have "covenants" for those who would purchase a lot to build a house.  These "covenants" in the subdivisions have very specific rules as well.  The one where my brother lives allows no outbuildings.  There are restrictions on fencing materials that can and cannot be used (no chain link fences).  They do not allow boats, trailers or RVs to be parked in view on the lots. 
   To many (including myself), these rules seem pretty strict, even absurd in my personal opinion.  The fact is, if I wanted to live in that subdivision, I would have to abide by the guidelines of their "covenant". 
   Hopefully this illustration helps explain why those "Christian conservatives" might get bent out of shape when the media, politicians and secular society don't seem to have a grasp on the whole idea of marriage being a covenant relationship. 
    I don't condemn a person for being gay.  It is a lifestyle choice that I don't choose to engage in and frankly find personally repulsive.  I don't smoke either, and feel much the same way about that.  That said, my mother-in-law smokes.  She respects our choice by not smoking around us.  That is all I ask of homosexuals... keep your private matters private. 
   Homosexuality is a behavior, a choice.  Those who would try to equate it with such traits as skin color are simply comparing apples and oranges.  There is no comparison to be made.  Behaviors and choices do not equal civil rights. 
   Most "straight" men feel an attraction to women they are not married to.  For arguments sake, put a an attractive young woman in a swimsuit in front of 10 straight guys and ask them to HONESTLY state their first thought.  I suspect the answers would range from "wow" to "I'd like to...." or something along those lines.  At that point, those straight men are faced with a choice.  Some will walk away.  Some will take another look.  Some will try to get more information (phone number, etc).  Some might even make physical advances.  However they responded was a choice.  Society would have us believe that each choice was equally valid, and none of them were "wrong".  This is known as moral relativism.  That is the belief that any choice is an appropriate choice.  For the sake of time and space, I won't go into the many ways this argument fails.
   Since God initiated/established the marriage covenant, He got to set up the rules for its use.  Just like the housing subdivision rules, to some they seem archaic, too strict or even nonsensical.  I didn't set the rules, but if I want His blessing on my covenant relationship of marriage with my wife, I have to abide by them.  Like it or not (there are stats and studies to prove my point), the decline of society and even many of even our current economic woes can be traced back to breaking the boundaries of this covenant.
   Again, I respect your opinion, however, I recognize that we see life through very different lenses.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!