Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

When Life throws you a Curve...7/29/12 Devotional

Started by pappy, July 29, 2012, 10:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

You all know that being a believer doesn't guarantee us a bed of roses, or the perivial silver lining behind every cloud on the horizon of life. Sometimes things just seem to explode in our faces, without warning, the foundation crumbles and falls apart and the whole place topples to the ground! I know from experiences that God is NOT a quitter.....He is the Olympian of all Olympians....and what is really so special about having a personal relationship with Him is that He doesn't brag on His success but offers it up freely to those who are willing to believe and trust in Him. I love Isaiah 41:10 when troubles seem to get me down, "Fear you not; for I am with you: be not dismayed; for I am your God: I will strengthen you; yes, I will help you; yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness."
And Jesus, being the only begotten Son of God, carried on His Father's character through many of His miraculous works during someones plight, the blind and the halt were healed, the down trodden-ed were comforted, those without a glimmer of Hope found true Hope in the Lord Jesus, and if it was true back then it is definitely true today. Proverbs 3:5 reminds us...Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not to your own understanding. so when the doctor comes in and says things look tough, or the insurance company says something isn't covered under your plan, or the bank sends you a notice saying your mortgage is overdue and they are re-possesing....things are going to get better, FEAR NOT and TRUST and you'll be surprised at how fast God will come through for you.................
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

vaturkey

Vaturkey

handcannon