OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Benelli Nova

Started by Tomtaker47, July 28, 2012, 06:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomtaker47

I have been looking at buying a new pump and ive been looking at the Benelli Nova. If any one know anything about the gun it would be great if u could tell me. :z-guntootsmiley:

SumToy

Love it in a 20 but not a big fan of the 12.  It is a good gun just think it is bulky somewhat.  Like the 870 or moss in 12
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

captin_hook

My buddy has a nova and loves it. I'm a 870 guy.

redarrow

Love mine,but it is a bit of a rattle trap.

Tomtaker47

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Tomtaker47 on July 28, 2012, 06:07:51 PM
I have been looking at buying a new pump and ive been looking at the Benelli Nova. If any one know anything about the gun it would be great if u could tell me. :z-guntootsmiley:

They are good guns and very durable with the chrome-lined barrel and exterior that makes it very rust resistant. The triggers are notoriously heavy and most have a good bit of creep. A lot of dry firing can help that trigger some to take some of the grit and heaviness out of it but they are still pretty tough.

The Nova/Super Nova have a plastic receiver that covers an underlying steel skeleton. If the gun is not drilled and tapped from the factory, it takes an experienced smith to drill and tap it, since he must go through about .25" of plastic to get to the steel and then must tap that steel perfectly to get good thread purchase. It's not a big deal for a smith who's done several but you don't want to have the gun that he uses to learn.

The gun also is much like the "speed pumps" from Winchester, in that the slide starts back immediately after you shoot. To hold the gun on target (turkey head) you must put some forward pressure on the forend or it will come back, almost automatically and pull your muzzle off target. Again, not a big deal, it just takes some practice.

I've owned a Nova since shortly after they were introduced and I've never had an operational problem with it. It's a good, well made gun.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

lmbhngr

I hated mine; used it for 1 season and sold it! Forearm rattled way to much for me!

drenalinld

Sold mine. Felt bad. Shot good. Rattled. Kicked like crazy.

albrubacker

I have a Super Nova. I love it! I chose it because it felt best shouldering it for the price range I was looking to spend.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

redleg06

I love mine. I hunted just about everything with wings with it and I cant ever remember it giving me trouble....and I was rough on it.  It just keeps on ticking. 

Wouldnt hesitate to buy another one tomorrow.

WildTigerTrout

I have a Benelli Nova in the full camo 24" version in 20 ga. I love it. It is very light and good for running and gunning.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!