turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best Turkey Gun

Started by Tomtaker47, July 27, 2012, 10:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagnumBill

A 12 or 20 gage shotgun with a turkey choke and rifle type sight (front and rear sights, scope, red dot etc). The head and neck of a turkey is not a big target even at 25-30 yards and it takes a hit to this area to consistently take a turkey down.

Sagittarius

My favorite turkey guns are the Benelli Super Vinci, Super Black Eagle II, and Beretta A400 Xtreme.   :icon_thumright:

gobblingghost

I depends on how much money you want to spend.  The preformance is determined more by a quality choke and shell combo than a certain gun.  Just for instance. I have a Benelli SBE H&K with a Sumtoy choke it shoots 300 +/- in a 10" circle at 40 yrds. I also have a Baikal MP153 with a Sumtoy choke it shoots 300+/- in a 10" circle at 40 yrds. I have about $1500 in the Benelli and about $500 in the Baikal. I would not be afraid to shoot either one. I built two to go on trips incase something happens to one. I have a Mossberg 835 also. I don't use it for the simple reason it will kick the dog mess out of you. With some of the great chokes that are being built today there is no reason you can't take an average gun and make it preform and be successful. Remember turkey hunting more about the adventure and chase than the killing. If it was just about the killing we would all be shooting long range rifles. And besides it's just fun to go blow stuff up and smell gun powder when your sighting in your new or new to you shotgun. Good Luck. If you need some help just ask most of the people on here have spent untold amount of money figuring then crazy turkey guns out. Find a gun you like and fits your needs and then have blast.

mightyjoeyoung

Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

gobbler74

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt

paladin

My opinion changes, when I am at the range it is the 10 gauge.
When I am walking up a long hill it is the encore. When several birds come in it is the remington 1100. They always have a fastfire sight.
"have gun-will travel"

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Any Remington 870 or Browning BPS that shoots to POA, has a clean and polished barrel, and an Indian Creek .665 BDS SS choke tube.  Lead will work, but HTL performs even better.

Good luck Grasshopper.

Skeeterbait

FACT: There is no "Best".  Many guns will kill turkeys.  Different people like different guns for different reasons.