turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Eat Mor Chikin - You bet I will!

Started by lightsoutcalls, July 27, 2012, 03:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longspur

what would be a good game plan for friday's kiss-in. Close down, run out of food or just go ahead and make all you can off them too?

lightsoutcalls

Anything but "business as usual" would be viewed by the liberal left as intolerance, bigoted or hate filled. 

There were a few "rainbow" umbrellas and a handful of protestors in front of our local store.  The real kicker is that traffic was having to be directed in front of the store with a line waiting to get into the parking lot over 2 miles long up the main thoroughfare in front of the store.  ;D

I'm going to have to take a different route home.  I only have 1/2 hour between my day job and evening job, and it is a 12 minute drive in normal traffic.

It will be interesting to see how the media spins it tonight on the news.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

guesswho

Quote from: longspur on August 01, 2012, 03:01:38 PM
what would be a good game plan for friday's kiss-in. Close down, run out of food or just go ahead and make all you can off them too?
I'd serve hot dogs. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

savduck

Quote from: guesswho on August 01, 2012, 03:54:33 PM
I'd serve hot dogs.  

:TooFunny: stuck perpendicular to the bun

Georgia Boy

stone road turkey calls

I think you guys are doing just what mr. cathy wanted you to do. smart man.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

captin_hook

The chick fil a 's in my area are absolute mad houses today! Traffic jams, long lines, news crews and people holding up signs in support of freedom of speech. It's great because the mayor of Pittsburgh here, is anti chick fil a.

catdaddy

I'd serve hot dogs. 

and/or----Rooster Fries!!

KYFrid

We had long lines here in WV too. I've never been soo happy to wait in line.  :happy0064:

captin_hook

Quote from: stone road turkey calls on August 01, 2012, 05:22:08 PM
I think you're totally wrong. With the way society is as far as how its "ok to be gay" how could have Mr Cathy have known that this would be the reaction by the public. I think he was just speaking, I'm mean do you really think the guy needed more business. He's not hurting for $$$$.

guesswho

Quote from: captin_hook on August 01, 2012, 08:39:44 PM
I think you're totally wrong. With the way society is as far as how its "ok to be gay" how could have Mr Cathy have known that this would be the reaction by the public. I think he was just speaking, I'm mean do you really think the guy needed more business. He's not hurting for $$$$.
After reading both of srtc's replies I'm not sure he realizes Mr. Cathy is the CEO of Chik Fil A and not a pro gay supporter.  If he does I'm a little confused by his comments. 

Quote from: stone road turkey calls on July 27, 2012, 06:01:20 PM
I love chik-fil-a, and don,t care how dan cathy or anyone else feels

Quote from: stone road turkey calls on August 01, 2012, 05:22:08 PM
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

turkey slayer

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Quote from: catdaddy on July 29, 2012, 04:55:05 PM
Quote from: CntrlPA on July 29, 2012, 09:59:52 AM
Quote from: CASH on July 28, 2012, 03:26:01 AM
On the other hand, the gay community is one of the most intolerant group of SOB's, in my opinion. They shove their lifestyle in our faces every chance they get and doom on you if you have any opinion that they deem negative towards gayness.

Well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black. Live how you want to live and let others do the same.

Cash strike a sensitive spot??  I'm thinking this forum is not the best place to come out of the closet. 

turkey slayer

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
I'd serve hot dogs. 

Old Gobbler

I happen to know the owner of A Chick-fil-a  store - She has one and its on my route - Ive been in the back of many restaurants in my time , but Chick-fil-a's are absolutely spotless , you could about eat off the floor - I mean spotless

The product is good , and healthy - and it sells it self

The people that work for them cooperate level are about the nicest Christian people you will ever meet - The Managers are first class , and they always have the nicest kids working there , its always yes sir, no sir, have a nice day sir - they are all clean cut kids - I talk to them all the time about the business model of the chick-fil- a corporation and it is a solid one indeed  - All the kids that work there pile out of the store to help the delivery driver unload the food freight driver when it showed up , I had the spot hogged up with my UPS truck and gladly handed it off to the supply truck when he showed up , he loves doing their stores and often comments how they are "good christian people"  he said he cant leave the stop without them offering a good meal on the house , I mean these people are NICE PEOPLE if you have ever met  them before - for years I have admired that they are always closed on Sundays and stuck to their guns on the subject

Now , Ive been eating straight Chickfila for about a week know , and let me tell you the business has got crazy now , they have every single employee working , and they are more than happy to do so

There were people taking group family pictures of them holding Chickfila food trays and proud of it - it was something to see

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Solid Snake

Quote from: Old Gobbler on August 01, 2012, 11:00:41 PM
I happen to know the owner of A Chick-fil-a  store - She has one and its on my route - Ive been in the back of many restaurants in my time , but Chick-fil-a's are absolutely spotless , you could about eat off the floor - I mean spotless

The product is good , and healthy - and it sells it self

The people that work for them cooperate level are about the nicest Christian people you will ever meet - The Managers are first class , and they always have the nicest kids working there , its always yes sir, no sir, have a nice day sir - they are all clean cut kids - I talk to them all the time about the business model of the chick-fil- a corporation and it is a solid one indeed  - All the kids that work there pile out of the store to help the delivery driver unload the food freight driver when it showed up , I had the spot hogged up with my UPS truck and gladly handed it off to the supply truck when he showed up , he loves doing their stores and often comments how they are "good christian people"  he said he cant leave the stop without them offering a good meal on the house , I mean these people are NICE PEOPLE if you have ever met  them before - for years I have admired that they are always closed on Sundays and stuck to their guns on the subject

Now , Ive been eating straight Chickfila for about a week know , and let me tell you the business has got crazy now , they have every single employee working , and they are more than happy to to do do

There were people taking group family pictures of them holding Chickfila food trays and proud of it - it was something to see

Chick-Fil-A was one of our favorite places to eat before all this stuff happened and is even higher on my list now. Every one of their restaurants we have ever eaten at, has had exceptional customer service along with great food. Every time I go through the line, I'm amazed by how nice the staff is. I'm just so used to getting served by some punk kid at McD's, who obviously doesn't care about his job let alone your food. It's so nice to actually get quality food and service. More restaurants, I mean even nicer sit down places, should take notes from Chick-Fil-A on how to operate.

I love that spicy chicken sandwich and their chicken salad on that toasted wheat bread is freaking amazing. I SUPPORT CHICK-FIL-A 100%!

lightsoutcalls

Last night I worked at my evening pizza delivery job.  The last time I drove by the local Chik Fil A was around 8:30pm.  There were still cars backed up onto the main road/highway (5 lane road) in front of the store.  The drive thru line made a second loop around the parking lot.  The store was packed with people at the tables.  There was still a line of at least 50-70 people waiting to get inside.  (An hour before, I would estimate a minimum of 300 people standing in line outside.)
   There were reports on conservative talk radio last night of many stores selling out of food.  Some customers, once they found out they were out of food, decided to patronize the business by purchasing gift cards for future use.  One show host commented that this event was the biggest sign of economic recovery in the past 3 years.  ;D ( http://stevedeace.com/ )  Another show asked people who ate at Chik Fil A to call in and share their experience.  Numerous folks reported happily waiting in line for over 2 hours to be served.  Over and over people talked about how there were no complaints from customers about the wait and an overall happy atmosphere with pleasant conversation amongst customers.  Others mentioned getting to the drive thru window to find out that someone in front of them had paid for their order.  When they tried to pay for the person behind them, they found that the person in front of them paid for the person behind them, so they could pay for the next person back if they chose.  Folks were "paying it forward" 2-3 people deep.  :icon_thumright:  Reports were made that they had set single day sales records at many stores.
   When was the last time you heard of something like this happening?    Yeah, that's what I was thinking... never.  Hopefully the left will recognize that decency and morality still exists in the U.S. and not as an exception to the rule. 
  As I drove by this morning, the drive thru was already about 8 cars deep just before 8 AM. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!