turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Eat Mor Chikin - You bet I will!

Started by lightsoutcalls, July 27, 2012, 03:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

I'm not sure how much coverage the story has gotten on the liberal news networks, but about a week ago Dan Cathy, CEO of Chik Fil A did an interview with a Christian radio host and expressed his views on the definition and value of marriage and the family.  You can read most of the text here:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/chick-fil-a-president-says-gods-judgment-coming-because-of-same-sex-marriage-78485/

The pro-gay supporters are up in arms.  The cities of Boston and Chicago have officially stated they will not allow Chick Fil A stores in their cities as a result.  The shining example of a mayor Rahm Emanuel states that Chick Fil A's values do not reflect those of the city of Chicago. (Interestingly the word Emanuel means "God with us".) 

http://theweek.com/article/index/231158/is-rahm-emanuel-bullying-chick-fil-a-over-its-anti-gay-marriage-stance

In the same week, Mr Emanuel expresses support for Louis Farrakhan, the leader of the "Nation of Islam" and self-avowed Jew hater and homosexual hater...??? (Sound of needle ripping across phonograph)

Pro-gay organizations, yes, the ones that cry "TOLERANCE" as their battle cry, are sending petitions to Chick Fil A and asking their gay followers to stage a "kiss-in" at Chick Fil A restraunts in protest. 

Didn't this used to be America?  You know, that land where it was your right to express your beliefs and values?  Over the years it has become a place where expressing the values that the nation itself was founded on is considered "hate-speech" and the persons expressing them are considered "bigots" and "intolerant". 
   Gov. Mike Huckabee has asked that those who agree with Mr. Cathy's personal beliefs on marriage show their support by stopping by the closest Chick Fil A restraunt and buying a sandwich and waffle fries on Wednesday August 1st.  I beat him to the punch and went today at lunch.  The parking lot and lobby was packed!  The drive-thru was backed up to the main thoroughfare in front of the store and blocking traffic in one lane of folks trying to get in.  Drive Thru orders were being taken on the right side of the building so they would be ready by the time the folks got to the drive thru on the left side of the building.  The older gentleman that took my order said "I've never seen anything like this."  I told him that I came specifically as a result of Mr. Cathy's comments and in support of his values.  The gentleman said business has exploded this week.

I don't know about you, but I plan to

Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Deputy 14

That's awesome. Don't care much for chicken but I may have to make an exception.

guesswho

I eat Chik Fil A about as often as Pro gay supporters eat at the Wiener King, Dinky Dong's and the Y.   I'm not going to their preferred eateries trying to get them to except me because I like members of the opposite sex.  So why do they care what I or Chik Fil A thinks of them?  I hope they don't stage their kiss-in while I'm at  Chik Fil A.  If they do I'll probably stage a "kiss my" at the same time and location!  It would probably get ugly because they tend to be a little on the sensitive side. 

Good job Dan Cathy and Chik-Fil-A :icon_thumright:
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

catdaddy

Quote from: guesswho on July 27, 2012, 04:06:30 PM
I eat Chik Fil A about as often as Pro gay supporters eat at the Wiener King, Dinky Dong's and the Y.   I'm not going to their preferred eateries trying to get them to except me because I like members of the opposite sex.  So why do they care what I or Chik Fil A thinks of them?  I hope they don't stage their kiss-in while I'm at  Chik Fil A.  If they do I'll probably stage a "kiss my" at the same time and location!  It would probably get ugly because they tend to be a little on the sensitive side. 

DITTO!!!

turkey slayer

I have always liked chik fil a but now its my new Favorite

Eric Gregg

I for one and proud that he stood up for what we believe as Christians.
I will support them economically and prayerfully as we stand together against this onslaught against traditional, Biblical marriage.

Hognutz

Nicely said, Ronnie!!
You gotta love the guy for standing up for what he believes in..We don't have any Chik Fil A'a up here, (in fact, I had never even heard of the chain), but I certainly support the place.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

lightsoutcalls

Careful you don't get slapped.   :o
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

captin_hook

Yeah.. this governor here in Pittsburgh is jumping on this anti chick fil a thing too. Well tomorrow I plan to stop in for a sandwich. It's a shame you can't even express your beliefs anymore.

Eric Gregg

Just share one more thing in relation to this issue:
Here is MS we had a State Rep. quote the Biblical reason why homosexuality is wrong and called it sinful.
Within the next day he had folks calling his house from NY area threatening he and his family. They called out his kids names and threatened them and he said that while that person was talking they sounded like a snake.
There is a serious spiritual war going on right now for our families. If you attack the family you crumble everything that a healthy society is built off of.
Let's keep Chik-fil-a in prayer :jesus-cross:

stone road turkey calls

I love chik-fil-a, and don,t care how dan cathy or anyone else feels
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

savduck

Dang, I wouldnt mind seeing two hot chicks kissing on each other at Chic Fil A. I went tonight.
Georgia Boy

CASH

I for one don't care if the gays want to marry. Right or wrong, they'll have to answer for it. I choose not to cast that stone.

On the other hand, the gay community is one of the most intolerant group of SOB's, in my opinion. They shove their lifestyle in our faces every chance they get and doom on you if you have any opinion that they deem negative towards gayness.

I may go find a gay bar, sit in the bed of my truck eating Chick Fil A and sing I love Chick Fil A to the tune of YMCA.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

captin_hook

Quote from: CASH on July 28, 2012, 03:26:01 AM
I for one don't care if the gays want to marry. Right or wrong, they'll have to answer for it. I choose not to cast that stone.

On the other hand, the gay community is one of the most intolerant group of SOB's, in my opinion. They shove their lifestyle in our faces every chance they get and doom on you if you have any opinion that they deem negative towards gayness.

I may go find a gay bar, sit in the bed of my truck eating Chick Fil A and sing I love Chick Fil A to the tune of YMCA.

Yes!!! I love the bar idea!!!!

Turkey Beard

I've never eaten at Chik-Fil-A but my wife and I plan to on our date night next week.  Here's one thing I don't understand... have you notice that the gay folks want to get married and the hetero folks all just want to live together because "we can't afford to get married?"
1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com