OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Devotional for Thursday 7/12/2012

Started by Roostem33, July 12, 2012, 09:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roostem33

So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord.( Deuteronomy 8:3)

Prosperity has a tendency to make us proud and self-sufficient. Sometimes we don't think we need God when we have our salary, investments, career, homes, health or families. But when an economy goes south or a stock market crashes or a home burns to the ground or our health fails, then we turn to God and are reminded of what really matters. When we have a lot, we can forget the Lord. We can take it for granted. But adversity levels us and keeps us humble.

So if you are in a time right now where life is going reasonably well, that is fantastic. But here is what I would say to you: Don't forget the Lord. Give Him glory. On the other hand, if the bottom has dropped out recently and you have received bad news, I also would say don't forget the Lord. Turn to Him, call upon Him, and ask Him for His help.

Lord, thank you for the many blessings in my life each day. Please give me the strength to always remember that in everything the glory is Yours! In Jesus name I pray Amen!

Have a great week,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

BOFF

AMEN!!!

Thanks Jody!!

How ironic it is, thinking we are the ones responsible when things are going so well, when more so, it is our fault, when things go bad.

God Bless,
David B.

snoodlum

Blessed be the name of our Lord. May we praise His glorious name !

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net