turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lanyards

Started by jbennett, July 11, 2012, 11:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbennett

I have noticed a lot of really nice braided lanyards on y'all trumpet calls. Where do you find these?

TRKYHTR

Del (SAVDUCK)

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

jbennett

Hopefully he will see this post and make the hunt a little easier.

woodwzrd

I make them out of paracord but it is hard to beat one of Del's Leather ones.

merocustomcalls

I have one of savduck's lanyards myself.  It's as good as it gets.  I'm not gonna try making those, I'd end up permanently tying my fingers together.

nitro

I own "A few" of Del's lanyards. They are the best I have used- not as bulky nor as uncomfortable as paracord. Leather...very classy look.

He can customize them however you want them to set up - single loop, double, triple,etc. He has also done some "fancy" ones for me with beads and can also incorporate spurs if desired (and you supply)..

Nothing like CUSTOM.

His prices are a bargain and the high quality material provides excellent security for your trumpet.

They are topshelf and I highly recommend his work.
Royal Slam 2008

jbennett

I sent him a pm. Thanks guys!

M Sharpe

Del's lanyards are top notch. I've got 2 of them and as Nitro said, much more comfortable than paracord.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

savduck

Thanks guys glad to know everyone is happy. I'll post up a picture later of some I've done.

Josh, PM received
Georgia Boy

drenalinld

Good looking stuff, 2ounce!! I love the carved handle. You have some talent man!

Here are a couple of my savduck lanyards.

GSLAM95

I will try to get a better picture if someone wants to see it up close but the finest leather lanyard I have found come from Len Yule who is a fine craftsman of both turkey calls and is also well known for his bridals and other equestrian accessories.

This particular lanyard is made of kangaroo leather which is very soft and the diameter is not big and bulky like most lanyards I have found.  The trumpet is a mud cured Osage from Herb Hornstra.

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

savduck

Quote from: GSLAM95 on July 12, 2012, 02:04:41 PM
I will try to get a better picture if someone wants to see it up close but the finest leather lanyard I have found come from Len Yule who is a fine craftsman of both turkey calls and is also well known for his bridals and other equestrian accessories.

This particular lanyard is made of kangaroo leather which is very soft and the diameter is not big and bulky like most lanyards I have found.  The trumpet is a mud cured Osage from Herb Hornstra.

Out of curiosity, what was the price? I started making mine because most of those guys wanted 125 to 200 dollars for a lanyard. To rich for my blood. It is no doubt very nice though.
Georgia Boy

GSLAM95

A kangaroo leather single lanyard from Len Yule is $100.  How much is your single lanyard and what type of leather are they?  Also what is the finished diameter of the braided cord?  I am always looking for more lanyards.. :-)

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

worth612000

Del, your lanyards look super sharp and professional. I will have to order one for my new trumpet. Thanks for the help the other day.

James

TRKYHTR

I used to braid my daughters hair when they were younger. Think I can make a laynard?

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck