OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Good News From The DNR. Got Drawn For A Tag.

Started by redarrow, March 01, 2011, 05:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shootumindaface

Quote from: Ack on March 02, 2011, 10:47:36 AM
Quote from: shootumindaface on March 02, 2011, 10:36:58 AM
Quote from: Ack on March 02, 2011, 10:25:17 AM
Quote from: shootumindaface on March 02, 2011, 10:18:22 AM
Quote from: Ack on March 02, 2011, 10:15:23 AM
Quote from: shootumindaface on March 02, 2011, 10:04:02 AM
Quote from: Muskie03 on March 02, 2011, 01:09:13 AM
Congrats Red,  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 01, 2011, 06:52:17 PM
The last 3-4 days of april and the first few days of May turkeys are insanely good.. Than she quiets down for a week to 10 days most years..
Same here in MN, and then it gets ripping again about May 14th through the end of May.
Ohhh so true

I don't know......that first 7-10 days of the 234 hunt has been VERY good to me over the last several years! Now on public land, it's a totally different story.
Your south of me.. When I hunt an hour south things change a bunch.. Alot of that is attributed to bird densities however..

True....when we used to hunt up north things were pretty tough after the second week.
Our hunting sure isnt what it used to be.. On most properties you have 1-2 gobblers whereas years ago you had 4-5+... Its getting harder to find that "random" gobbler seperated from the breeding flock... Downstate where I hunt where on a good morning you can hear 10-20, you almost are not effected by the breeding cycle and thus sometimes not even realize where your at in it due to the number of gobblers.. Basically someones always willing to play if that makes sense..

I will say though the past two spring hatches have been incredible.. This fall goose scouting there were turkeys like I havent seen since I was a kid.. This winter has not seemed so terrible, so I am crossing my fingers that this year will be great and next year will be incredible..

Yeah....it got to the point where it wasn't even worth the 2 1/2 hour drive just to hunt a couple birds for a few days, especially when the numbers started booming down here.  We also liked the size of these fat farm birds better than those skinny hill birds up north!  :laugh:
Hahaha same reason during deer season the down state folks gates are locked but all of a weekend.. They may come up opening day and not return the rest of the season.. Itz nutz what the down state deer and turkey populations has done to our fall tourism.. But with good reason