turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New 20ga FCW test

Started by SumToy, July 09, 2012, 11:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SumToy

Ok folks I know we all had some problems with the Federal FCW shells this year.  We for one had our numbers fall off with a few lot numbers.  They dropped by around 20 to 30 shot.  I been looking at the choke and it hit me today what was going on.  We test fired our old choke and the new one today with the bad lot of shells.  The new lay out put 20 shot more in the 10 with the bad lot.  I will keep you up today on what we find with the shell and the test.  Hope they find what they had a few years back. LOL
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

nyhunter

:icon_thumright: Thanks for the info. I'm interested in one of your choke's for my 26" barrel 870 20ga. I'll be shooting either Fed. #7 or the H-13 3 7's

Hayudog

Now that is good news.  How does the new choke run the old lots of ammo?

SumToy

Quote from: Hayudog on July 10, 2012, 08:15:00 AM
Now that is good news.  How does the new choke run the old lots of ammo?

I have not shot any of it as of now.  Looks like we will have a gun in this weekend that gave us trouble with new load but loves old load.    That will be the big test to see what happens with it.   If it picks up the old like the new we will need to back off the choke some to find a happy middle. 

I will keep you up to date on it. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

jtharpe

how did the new choke work out? I got a choke from you last year does good with the 3v lots but not as good with the 3u lots. Gun is an encore.

savduck

tharpe, thats the same thing William and I found with my gun last year. The 3U lots were all over the board. The 3 V lots were consistant and patteren a lot better.
Georgia Boy

jtharpe

was hoping he found a choke that would work with both lots.

SumToy

I have not had any of the bad lots.  Now from the feed back the new choke likes the HV13.  Have not had anyone test fire any of the FED as of now.

jtharpe

will try the U lots in the choke I have again and see what they do. Im hoping I can get them to shoot as I have quite a few boxes of them.

savduck

The highest pattern I saw a 3U lot number shoot out of my two guns was about a 135. That was between all chokes brands I tested. I had a few as low as 80. I actually got two different 3U lot numbers. The ones from Dunns have been the problem child, the midwest ones have been better. Some other fellas were shooting the 3Us and getting 150 to 170 patterns last year.

The 3v lot I've thrown some 180, 170 patterns, but all combined patterns average in the mid 150s. Something's different between the lots numbers.
Georgia Boy

jtharpe

yea the V lots are what i set my gun up with last year. have a few boxes of them left but I bought 8 boxes at the end of the season and they were the U lot. I remeber some problems with them last year and tryed a couple and they were lower counts out of my gun. Just hope I can find a choke that will shoot them as I have 8 boxes of them ::)