turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

BC POWDERS

Started by REBELYELL, March 01, 2011, 04:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REBELYELL

This ain't got nothing to do with turkey hunting, but just out of curiousity, how many people on here from the northeast US know about BC Powder's? A couple of years ago, we were in Philadelpia, PA for my son's heart surgery and I stopped at a local convenient store to get a pack of BC Powders for a headache. They had no clue what I was talking about. Same story with the next ten stops at 7-11's, etc. Finally, I found some at a Walgreen's store. I had forgotten about that until yesterday when I was talking to a customer service rep over the phone placing an order for some parts. We got to talking about drinking and hangover remedies, and I mentioned BC Powders. She is from New Jersey and had never heard of them. What's the deal? Is this just a southern thing?

http://www.bcpowder.com/           

PANYHunter

Yeah I don't know.  I've never heard of it until now.

struttin_1

No problem finding them here in Virginia.

Basser69

Love them down here is Bama

BamaStrut

I use them alot here in Alabama.

redarrow

I remember my mom using Stand Back powders.

Skeeterbait

BC Stanback and Goodys powders.  Yeah I think it is a southern thing.  First time I ever tried one I poured it into my mouth but then closed my mouth and exhaled out my nose while I reached for a bottle of coke to wash it down.  Blew powder out my nose!  Talk about burn!  But you go reverse snorting powdered asprin it goes to work fast.  My headache was gone before my sinuses quit burning.

knightrider

best thing for a headache :z-winnersmiley:

LX_Trkyhntr

Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

CASH

Ironic you posted this, I just woke up with a pounding headache.  BC and Goody Powders Rock
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

shootumindaface

Haha My girlfriend gets major headaches and every one was telling her to get that BC stuff, we had no clue

MaxTom

I prefer Goodys myself, took 2 right after lunch, they work great!!!

shad309

I live in IL now but grew up in Arkansas & Louisiana. It took me forever to get the local Walmart to carry them!!! I talked to the pharmacy manager who had no clue what they were but I told him Walmart is from AR and they have to be in the system for ordering. He got them in for me and then he tried one and now he suggests them to everyone.

Nobody here knows what buggies are or pallets, hollers, house shoes, chill bumps, etc.... You would think I'm speaking spanish

REBELYELL

Quote from: shad309 on March 01, 2011, 05:55:29 PM
I live in IL now but grew up in Arkansas & Louisiana. It took me forever to get the local Walmart to carry them!!! I talked to the pharmacy manager who had no clue what they were but I told him Walmart is from AR and they have to be in the system for ordering. He got them in for me and then he tried one and now he suggests them to everyone.

Nobody here knows what buggies are or pallets, hollers, house shoes, chill bumps, etc.... You would think I'm speaking spanish

Heard that! I tried to get some donut holes from Dunkin Donuts in Philly and they never did figure out what I wanted. I finally had to walk behind the counter and point them out. Oh, you want munchkins ???

hookedspur

Yes you can get them in WV.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions