turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lip stops

Started by Crawdad, July 05, 2012, 02:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crawdad

I have been messing around lately making Trumpets, the question I have is why do I need a lip stop? I know where to put the mouth piece to my lips & if you put it in your mouth to far, it's not going to work anyways, so is it just for looks?

TRKYHTR

There is alot of variations of sounds with the distance the trumpet is inside the mouth. If your off a little it makes a difference. I can call without a lipstop but am not very consistent with it and it might take me a couple yelps to get it exactly where I want it. Also the lipstop can change the sound of the trumpet. So to answer your question you don't have to have one to make the trumpet work but it makes it more consistent when you do have one.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

VanHelden Game Calls

Consistency   :icon_thumright:
I get real good at running my trumpets in the shop.  I get situated just so, hands and arms at the perfect position, a little test cluck and away I go.

In the woods it never is that easy, cold, weird positions, keeping head tucked and low to conceal movement, nerves, etc.  These things seem to make the best callers rookies at best :D

Thats why I lip stop :)

Crawdad

Thank you Joe & Doug, I have always wanted to know. I will have to try it.