OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Golf Cart?

Started by Dr.Love, July 03, 2012, 03:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Love

Thinking about selling my rhino and getting a golf cart to turkey/deer hunt with. Those of you that use a golf cart got any pros and cons?
Thanks

TurkeyAssassin

I have a Rhino also, I have thought of adding a Badboy Buggy to my fleet.
Owner of FC Photography
www.facebook.com/FC.Photography01

ncturkey

Golf make great hunting carts. You can custom one up with a little cash. There are a few guys on here with some nice camo golf carts.

turkey slayer

I love mine never had any problems as long as i stay out of really deep water.

lol gotta put a few pics up!

handcannon

I love my cart and will always have one from now on. The pro's are certainly being in stealth mode and not having exhaust fumes on you while your deer hunting. About the only drawback for my cart is that I cant hook a trailer to it and load it down with a bunch of weight to haul around.

Just a suggestion, if you buy a standard golf cart to build up yourself, try to find one that is a 48volt system and make sure the batteries are fairly new. With good maintenance, you can get 5-6+ years on a set. Look on the lead pad on the top of the battery and it should have a two digit number on it such as a "10" meaning the batteries were manufactured in 2010. Unless where you hunt is super snotty, you dont necessarily need a 4wd cart. More than likely a 2wd will get you where you want to go. I've been in some pretty good mud in mine with no problem. You can buy and install a 6" lift kit and tires yourself in just a few hours and save you some money from having it installed for you.

Go ahead and get you one. You will not be disappointed.

gotcha

Here is my wifes EZGO, its 2 wheel drive.This was the first spring I have really used it and was pleased.Used them out in NW Nebraska with good results as well.I need to put rubber/nylon washers on all contact points,its a little rattly now.

honker22

I like my Bad Boy. I got it a couple years ago when they had the $4500 "Green" tax credit.
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

Dr.Love

If can sale my rhino I am going to get a golf cart. Thanks for the info.

lvetgas

You need to consider what type of range as in miles you plan on driving. I have a 2009 Club Car that has an extended roof and a fold down back seat. Both of these are important because they add weight therefore they reduce the range.

Also, be very careful about what type of motor and electrical system you buy. I burned up my stock system and converted it to an older, better system for hunting. The new carts do not handle being put in a bind or pulling a load.

I had mine rebuilt by a friend who changed my electrical system and motor. The new setup is very torquey and I still can get about 10 to 12 miles on relatively flat dirt roads.

All that said, I don't plan on selling my golf cart any time soon. I have literally stopped my cart, setup and called to gobblers less than 50 yards from a road I just drove down with my cart.  I also don't plan on selling my gas Polaris Ranger.

Thomas

Dr.Love

Do you have a 48 volt system with low torque motor? Been looking for an older cart that I can fix up the way I want it.

lvetgas

What I basically have is a new body style Club Car with an old type, high torque motor.  It is a 48 volt system and will pull a lot of weight.

lvetgas

Low torque or high torque.  I am not sure how you would say it, but it will squeal the tires on pavement.

You have to be careful with getting too much torque. There is a point where you can almost get whiplash every time the cart takes off.

Dr.Love

Anyone have thoughts on a gas golf cart?