OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

10,000+ acre brush fire yesterday!! (updated to 17,500 acres now)

Started by RutnNStrutn, March 01, 2011, 03:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

Sorry 'bout the political commentary folks, but I speak the absolute truth.

fiveyear

RutnNStrutn

He is all about screwing over gov't workers, and turning over the proceeds to his rich business buddies. His main focus in his less than 2 months in office has been to gut gov't workers' retirements, fire thousands of gov't employees and privatize their jobs, decimate spending on education, then eliminate "corporate taxes", and bring in his rich business buddies to run the new private companies that used to be run by the state.
Kickbacks? Future job as CEO of one of these companies? Worse? You betcha!!!
This is the same guy who was CEO of a health care company that under his leadership was fined THE biggest fine in US history. $1.7 billion dollar fine for Medicare fraud. Now he is the governor of Florida. Here's what Rick Scott is, a crook and a liar. Watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIYad3TvY6Q

RutnNStrutn

Not trying to start a political fight, so let's not go there. I was just answering ' question.

saltysenior

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on March 07, 2011, 10:35:01 PM
Quote from: saltysenior on March 04, 2011, 08:12:20 AMafter that fire,all agencies agreed that it would never happen again because a intensive controlled burn program would be used thru out the state......i know down here in s.e. fl. a controlled burn happens as often as snowfall.. ???
Amen!!! But while prescribed burning definitely reduces the risk of wildfire, $$$$$ talks brother. After Amendment 1 passed, followed by the real estate market crash, there was no money for it. And now that King Rick the 1st is in office as governor, gov't budgets will be gutted, and wildfires will reign supreme. But, he doesn't care, as long as big business makes millions on the taxpayer dime, King Rick is happy.

well i don't know about king rickey......but i do know the stuff on fire now didn't just grow since he was elected.....i just left a wma and drove for about 16 miles in it and no burns....but you can see plenty of old dead trees from old wildfires and they are sticking up out of 10' of fuel waitng for the next one....seems we have plenty of agencies telling us about the advantages of controlled burns,but no one will lite the match....