OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

10,000+ acre brush fire yesterday!! (updated to 17,500 acres now)

Started by RutnNStrutn, March 01, 2011, 03:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CASH

Awesome pics.  Thanks for what you do.   :firefighter: :you_rock:
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Tail Feathers

Into the teeth of the beast!

Those are some great pics.  I bet ya'll sweated out a few gallons doing that. :happy0064:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

M,Yingling

Wow great pics ,, Glad you all came out safe  :icon_thumright:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

redarrow

News here reports it at over 16,000 acres now. You boys be careful.

HogBiologist

All the more need for routine controlled burns.  It will prevent this kinda stuff.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

BigGobbler

They are still burning all over florida, Around 100 wildfires now. Need some rain Bad!!

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Tail Feathers on March 01, 2011, 06:53:31 PMI bet ya'll sweated out a few gallons doing that. :happy0064:
You're right about that!! If they could have slung me under a helicopter and flown me around, I could have sweated on the fire and put it out. :lol:

Quote from: BigGobbler on March 01, 2011, 08:03:53 PMAround 100 wildfires now. Need some rain Bad!!
Actually, the drought index (which is based on rainfall received) isn't that bad. Its all the hard freezes we had. The woods are loaded with dead vegetation right now. Even the grass. You guys should see how fast a wind driven grass fire moves.  Faster than you can......
:emoticon-cartoon-012:

njdevilsb

Those are some wild pictures.  Glad to hear you guys saved most of the houses.

RutnNStrutn

Its up to 16,000 acres now. I got called in to duty tomorrow to go there. The day after is my normal shift, and I'm 2nd due into that area. Looks like its gonna be a busy 2 days.

OLE RASPY

Thanks for what u do and glad nobody has been hurt.

pittboss

RutNStrutn.......  :fire: ......... good luck tomorrow and be safe   :icon_thumright: 

pittboss
Gobble Gobble Boom !!!!!

Fireengine70

RutnNStrutn

On a sad note, one of our young firefighters got injured today attacking a fire. He got steam burns to the face, and was flown out to the burn unit. He is good kid, and a nice young man. Hopefully he won't have disfiguring scars. Prayers would be welcome. :jesus-cross: :thanks:

RutnNStrutn

TURKEYWHACKER

Thanks for what you do Brother Rut  :firefighter: I just heard about the 22 year old who received the burns  on the news, hope he'll fully recover. :bible: