mason0366

Crutch

Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

VAHUNTER

Quote from: Crutch on March 01, 2011, 03:31:16 PM
What State?
the great state of VA  :icon_thumright:
Barry i have seen bucks carry there horns this long. but it seems that i am hearing about more of them this year. we found one side of a descent buck Saturday. it had 5 pts.
Good things come to those who wait

PANYHunter

Nice pics.  I haven't seen any with headgear in N PA lately.  Looks like he will be a nice buck next year.  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

turkey slayer

looks like he will be a toad next year!

CB on the run

Quote from: VAHUNTER on March 01, 2011, 03:42:19 PM
What State?
Barry i have seen bucks carry there horns this long. but it seems that i am hearing about more of them this year. we found one side of a descent buck Saturday. it had 5 pts.
The longer they carry them, the less stressed they are from winter or the rut.  I have a co-worker who showed me pics of a 10 pt in the 120" area coming to his bird feeder almost every night.  He didn't shed until the second week of March and that's in Western NY where we routine get 100+ inches of snow each year.  Most unstressed bucks will drop within a couple days of the same date each year. 

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

VAHUNTER

Quote from: CB on the run on March 01, 2011, 05:03:59 PM
What State?
The longer they carry them, the less stressed they are from winter or the rut.  I have a co-worker who showed me pics of a 10 pt in the 120" area coming to his bird feeder almost every night.  He didn't shed until the second week of March and that's in Western NY where we routine get 100+ inches of snow each year.  Most unstressed bucks will drop within a couple days of the same date each year. 
interesting
Good things come to those who wait

TnHunter

Cool,I think most around here have lost there head gear.
Life is good today

turkey_slayer

Quote from: CB on the run on March 01, 2011, 05:03:59 PM
What State?

I ready a study years ago that stated that they usually drop within 10 days year to year unless they have been injured or stressed.  When they dropped also depended upon their birth date.  Born early, drop early, ect. I seen 5 bucks together in the middle of April turkey hunting back around 1995 that still had horns.

OldMarine

I've seen antlered deer in April in Alabama!
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so." – Ronald Reagan

harvester

Should just be a matter of time before they are gone. You need to be lookin for them.

Muskie03

Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

hoyt

I went behind the house this afternoon to look for sheds and found two fresh rubs. One was a cedar that was broke in half and the part on the ground was still green.