OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey hunting blind

Started by boboone, March 01, 2011, 02:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boboone

Wanted to get some exert openions, what do y'all think is the best turkey hunting blind out there. I'm in the market for a new one and don't want to waste my money.  Thanks
Dave

reynolds243

well to be honest you can build one for the same price if not cheaper depending on what material you want to use. Portable is the issue there but very cost effective and you can customize it however you want.

boboone

Portable is what im looking for. Im lucky in that I have alot of land to hunt, and I need a few blinds I can quickly relocate.
Dave

Basser69

A tent chair works great with kids and very portable

reynolds243

what all qualities you wanting in it? easy set up, archery ability, how many people do you want in it, cost limit ect...ect...

that will prob help narrow it down to a few.

boboone

Big enough for two people, usually my wife and two guns, it is mostly her land after all. sometimes my best friend who is 6'2 about 285 and two guns. Would like to keep it under 300 bucks if possible. the easier to set up in the dark the better.
Dave

sugarray

I would say Double Bull.  I love my matrix 360, plenty of room for 3 adults.  I have spent a lot of time in it with my son.  Not sure what models are available now though.

https://shop.primos.com/c-135-blinds.aspx

I would get the Dark Horse or The Crusher.  They are based on the Matrix 360 model.  I don't know the Gun Hunter. You can find them cheaper elsewhere though.  I would try ebay number 1 though.

boboone

Thanks alot. goin to ebay now.
Dave

Cove

I would seriously consider the Rhino blinds if I was in the market for another.

hookedspur

Quote from: sugarray on March 01, 2011, 03:40:35 PM
I would say Double Bull.  I love my matrix 360, plenty of room for 3 adults.  I have spent a lot of time in it with my son.  Not sure what models are available now though.

I would get the Dark Horse or The Crusher.  They are based on the Matrix 360 model.  I don't know the Gun Hunter. You can find them cheaper elsewhere though.  I would try ebay number 1 though.
:agreed: :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

matchbook454

Quote from: hookedspur on March 01, 2011, 06:44:43 PM
Quote from: sugarray on March 01, 2011, 03:40:35 PM

:agreed: :icon_thumright:

X2!!!

Love my darkhorse!!!!  Great for hunting those "tough field turkeys" - Turkey Thugs.  Easiest birds  to hunt if you have a blind IMO.

Old Gobbler

Quote from: boboone on March 01, 2011, 02:31:35 PM
Wanted to get some exert openions, what do y'all think is the best turkey hunting blind out there. I'm in the market for a new one and don't want to waste my money.  Thanks
The roll up ones 30 inchs high .... are what the hunters down here in Florida use - cheap & light and not hot  , and hides you better that sticking out like a sore thumb -

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

runngun

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Timmer

I have the Ameristep Tomtaker ground blind.  It's cheaper than the double bull, but has served me very well for a few years now.  The new Tomtaker2 has windows that go all the way down to the ground.

http://www.ameristep.com/blinds/3290_tomtaker2.html
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

boboone

Thanks, found some on ebay, got a dark horse.. wish I could find a used matrix but those are like unicorns, nowhere to be found... the rhino looked good too. Thanks again.
Dave