only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

cheap over and under

Started by coyotetrpr, June 24, 2012, 09:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HogBiologist

Quote from: Bad Grizzly on July 05, 2012, 12:46:50 PM
Quote from: Skeeterbait on June 26, 2012, 03:06:43 PM
My son has a Stoeger Condor that shoots surprisingly well.

I acquired one for my stepson to try trap shooting and possibly join the school team a few years ago.....

I will NEVER own another..... JUNK and you can tell, cheaply made..... both barrels shot at the same time quite often.

Did you clean the action thuroghly?  I have seen where there is alot of cosmoline packed into the action of Stogers, causing double fires in the sxs and o/u guns.  a good cleaning of the action should stop that.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

natman

Quote from: Old Gobbler on July 05, 2012, 07:48:44 PM
I  have seen two Fausti  o/u's set up for turkey hunting  , and they were very nice -one was set up with extended turkey chokes - light and powerful  - nice thing about a double is that is a much more compact gun than a repeating gun with a similar barrel length

One thing for consideration is the POI on those if you have a chance to test one out before purchasing make sure both the barrels shoot the same POI not one high 4 inches and the other 8 inches to the left kinda thing -

http://www.gunsinternational.com/Fausti-Traditions-12ga.cfm?gun_id=100256142

I think the market for a high performance over and under for less than $700 is there - A company needs to get something that points good - with a synthetic receiver like a Super Nova , with 2 good low profile barrels with a common choke system and sell a million of them

I don't doubt the demand is there for a good $700 double. It's just that nobody can make one at that price, evidenced by the fact that nobody does.

Turkey chokes exaggerate the POI problem on a double, enough so that I'd just get a good pump and be done with it.

coyotetrpr

I ended up getting the mossberg silver reserve. Took it out this evening to shoot some blue rock. I must say that all bs aside this gun points and shoots very well. It fits me good and swings like a champ. I only went through 100 shells, but my first impression is a great one. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

SumToy

Good gun for the money.  congrads on it.  :anim_25:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA