OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best Red Dot for me? HELP!

Started by busta biggun, March 01, 2011, 12:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

busta biggun

I love red dot scopes for my Benelli. It helps keep me focused on shot placement and I don't forget to get my cheek on the stock etc. My problem is the recoil keeps killing these things. I bought a red dot. It worked for two seasons and cracked. They were great and sent me a new one. I used it and when I was on a hunting trip in Kansas it shattered and I had no way to repair it so I was kinda screwed.

Then I spent bigger bucks and bought a Nikon VSD. The red Dot optics broke off the first time I shot it and the screws on the Weaver mounts just spun without tightening. I hated it.

Now I am looking at a Burris Fast Fire II but I have some concerns. Will it hold up or break like all the others.? Also it does not have any adjustments on the dot for varying light. I can't see using this and having problems with the light being too bright in an early morning hunt.

My top option right now is an Aimpoint H1. Very expensive, but I don't want to be broken down in the field again so it would probably be worth it. I am only worried that it has too small of a FOV. It looks tiny and I wonder if I would struggle picking up a turkey head as it bobs back and forth?

I would like something like a Fast Fire but I need it to adjust and I need it to be very rugged AND adjustable.

Thoughts?

sugarray

Take a look at the Mueller Quick Shot Review here in this section.  It is a nice sight at half the cost.

busta biggun

Thanks Sugar Ray. I did see your screen shots and comments on the Mueller. I am just wondering about the ability of this sight to take a beating. I must be really rough on stuff. I know lots of guys that use the Red Dots without any problem, yet I have had several break in the field.