OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Good Hunting Shows

Started by Solid Snake, June 14, 2012, 07:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirt road ninja

OG needs to have a show. The film crew could travel the country and film a couple different members every week hunting their ground using their tactics. Each week the film crew would move off to a new location with a new group of hosts. Turkey, deer, ducks, fish, and whatever else they wanted to pursue. The crew wouldn't know till they arrived.

I'm not seriously recommending that, but it would probably be a very entertaining and informative program.

guesswho

Quote from: dirt road ninja on June 15, 2012, 03:00:36 PM
OG needs to have a show.   I'm not seriously recommending that, but it would probably be a very entertaining and informative program.
Better put me down for the Mature Audience only week! 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Brshpile

Everyone seems to not like the shows out there. If it was a Turkey Hunting only show, what qualities are you looking for that would make you want to watch it more and more?

barry

Quote from: AngryBird on June 14, 2012, 10:23:37 AM
Good Hunting Show

Isn't that an oxymoron?

It seems so these days.

Quote from: 870FaceLift on June 14, 2012, 12:27:41 PM
I used to enjoy watching Arrow Affliction a few years back when Chris Brackett was the host. 

Bracket was okay until he starting saying "Booyah" all the time. Wanna puke whenever I hear that word now!

Ted Nugent is okay in the sense he doesn't claim to be a trophy hunter and is a great spokesman for our sport but he is a product endorsing wh-re!

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Quote from: guesswho on June 15, 2012, 03:36:23 PM
Quote from: dirt road ninja on June 15, 2012, 03:00:36 PM
OG needs to have a show.   I'm not seriously recommending that, but it would probably be a very entertaining and informative program.
Better put me down for the Mature Audience only week!

Ditto on that one...

stinkpickle

Quote from: Brshpile on June 15, 2012, 04:05:39 PM
Everyone seems to not like the shows out there. If it was a Turkey Hunting only show, what qualities are you looking for that would make you want to watch it more and more?

No more bowhunting from a blind!  Sure, it might be fun to do, but watching it just puts me to sleep...especially those "western" hunts.  It ranks maybe half a step higher than televised golf on the snooze meter. 

surehuntsalot

get out of the blind,throw the decoys away and hunt like a turkey hunter is suppose to hunt
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Brshpile

Quote from: surehuntsalot on June 15, 2012, 06:45:15 PM

get out of the blind,throw the decoys away and hunt like a turkey hunter is suppose to hunt

Since we know how this can go. How many shows would you watch without kills in it?

guesswho

what qualities are you looking for that would make you want to watch it more and more?
More traditional tactics, and different hunters.  I'd like to see a show with some real old timers who are stuck in the past.  Guys who were killing turkeys long before there was a N"WTF".   Some of those guys could keep my attention by just talking about turkey hunting.  I'd watch that before I watch another Bad Boy riding, hoot and hollaring, run and gunning, decoy toting, pro staffing, proffesional hunter who probably couldn't hang with some of the killers on this site.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

guesswho

Quote from: Brshpile on June 15, 2012, 08:59:23 PM
Since we know how this can go. How many shows would you watch without kills in it?
I can sit and watch Tom Kelly for hours, and him sitting on a porch.     
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Hognutz

I actually got to talk on the phone with Mr. Tom Kelley last week for about 15 minutes. It was pure heaven.. His voice is as soothing as three fingers of chilled Crown Royal.. I am blessed to be able to have him turkey with me. What a gentleman!!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

ccleroy

Quote from: guesswho on June 14, 2012, 01:15:26 PM
If Walter Parrot and Chuck Jones still had a show I'd proably still watch.  But I have to take todays hunting shows in moderation.

Amen! Love the old K&H vid's......I'm about to break out my VHS set and watch some high top ball cap Chuck and Walter tomorrow.....that's the good days of hunting tv.

stone road turkey calls

Quote from: Gut_Pile on June 14, 2012, 01:02:38 PM
I am with a lot of people here being that I don't watch a lot of tv shows on the outdoor channel anymore. But to me it seems crazy how people bash these hunting show folks for pushing a sponsors product. It cost more than $1 million to have a show on the outdoor channel. Even more for prime time. People have to get sponsors to help pay for the slot on the channel. A lot of these sponsorships come with contracts and they have to mention these products. It is a business folks. Plain and simple. And I can actually only think of a few shows where folks actually shoot high fenced deer, a lot of folks see a big deer and think high fence. Not the case.

Also I see a lot of comments about people wanting to see people hunt public land. What sponsor would help pay for a hunting show of someone shooting a 6 pointer or a doe on public land when they could sponsor another guy who is going to go outfitter to outfitter and have a good chance of putting some big deer on the ground.

no need for a fence as long as those feeders are cranking out that corn, i don't think those so called pro hunters could kill a deer on public land.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

stinkpickle

Quote from: Brshpile on June 15, 2012, 08:59:23 PM
Quote from: surehuntsalot on June 15, 2012, 06:45:15 PM

Some of the most fun hunts to watch were the botched ones.   :icon_thumright:

barry

Quote from: JohnDoe on June 15, 2012, 10:52:33 PM
I also love Tom Kelly. Just dont here him speak before you read one of his books. It will take you twice as long. ;D John

I know just what you mean, I saw Mr Kelley on a huntin' show where he read from one of his books.
After getting several of his books I tried to imagine him reading every word to me as I read it.